Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Station 13 ... in 3D?
(10-31-2016, 10:23 AM)somepotato Wrote: SS13 has a lot of replay value because its a sandbox. I don't think you guys understand simply how important atmospherics is to the game, without it it'd be a ton more boring

well one of the things that keep ss13 fresh is the fact that your facing actual people rather then A.I. which adds a lot of randomness and i think the rouge like elements keep things fresh.

and just a quick opinion but if there is ever is an SS13 remake  an easy way to go about making it would be to code a single player mode first then the multiplayer we all know and love.
(11-02-2016, 01:03 PM)BBEG Wrote: and just a quick opinion but if there is ever is an SS13 remake  an easy way to go about making it would be to code a single player mode first then the multiplayer we all know and love.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(11-02-2016, 01:03 PM)BBEG Wrote: and just a quick opinion but if there is ever is an SS13 remake an easy way to go about making it would be to code a single player mode first then the multiplayer we all know and love.

Multiplayer is insanely fucking hard to develop off of a single-player game, from a technical perspective.

It's vastly easier to just start with it being multiplayer.
(11-02-2016, 03:37 PM)Mageziya Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 01:03 PM)BBEG Wrote: and just a quick opinion but if there is ever is an SS13 remake  an easy way to go about making it would be to code a single player mode first then the multiplayer we all know and love.

Multiplayer is insanely fucking hard to develop off of a single-player game, from a technical perspective.

This is the trues
Made by a random person on SS13 subreddit: http://imgur.com/a/ksA5M. I lost part 1, though.
(11-02-2016, 03:52 PM)somepotato Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 03:37 PM)Mageziya Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 01:03 PM)BBEG Wrote: and just a quick opinion but if there is ever is an SS13 remake  an easy way to go about making it would be to code a single player mode first then the multiplayer we all know and love.

This is the trues

Forgive me for not specifying earlier but i was talking about from a game play perspective SS13 would benefit from a single player mode as it would allow people unfamiliar with the game to get some experience with the game mechanics without fear of being offed by a traitor or getting banned for accidentally blowing up the chem lab. 

plus it would attract a bigger audience which i feel the community could benefit from
This implies a remake will ever happen.
(11-03-2016, 10:10 AM)Wire Wrote: This implies a remake will ever happen.

aren't you supposed to be at work sir
i lust for 3d pubbie death

i think an isometric view would work better