Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Inserting a monkey brain in a constructed AI core borks it
(10-16-2016, 05:57 PM)Mageziya Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 02:54 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: If ApeI is installed, whenever someone says "AI" over radio, the door nearest them automatically opens. Because monkey don't give a shit.

That would give traitors a legitimate reason to replace the AI with a monkey brain. Alternatively, it allows them to not dick over the station by placing a monkey brain in the AI when they steal the neural processor.

That's amazing.

I CANNOT POSSIBLY SUPPORT THIS ENOUGH
This turned from a bug report into a suggestions thread. Not that that is a bad thing.
(10-16-2016, 02:54 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: If ApeI is installed, whenever someone says "AI" over radio, the door nearest them automatically opens. Because monkey don't give a shit.

I'm going to be the party pooper who points out that a constructed monkey AI walled up in a dark corner is a task that takes a mildly determined staff assistant 5-10 minutes at most, that most rounds are not actually improved by everyone suddenly having all-access, and that any actual AI tasked with cleaning up after the monkeybot would suicide after five minutes, laws be damned.
(10-16-2016, 10:20 PM)Roomba Wrote:

I'm going to be the party pooper who points out that a constructed monkey AI walled up in a dark corner is a task that takes a mildly determined staff assistant 5-10 minutes at most, that most rounds are not actually improved by everyone suddenly having all-access, and that any actual AI tasked with cleaning up after the monkeybot would suicide after five minutes, laws be damned.

True, how about adding a ten second cooldown between ApeI door openings?

Or maybe add a chance for it to bolt/electrify the door instead of opening it, just to fuck with Staff McAssistants plans
I say random door openings and monkey noises over vox are good enough. But that's just me.
Maybe make it so that if there's a functioning player-controlled AI, the ApeI can't do anything aside from scream into radio chat.
monkey borgs...
Make it bolt/shock/open/unbolt/unshock/close random doors on the station.
Electrifying seems a bit too harmful
This could probably be done, the monkey AI could just take 3 random actions/interactions with a random AI control/feature every now and again.
Could be:
1. Select random AI compatible object, door, APC, shutters
2. Do a random "thing" or interaction with selected object #1
3. Re-roll randomizer, possibly interact with new object/ chimper on radio/ fart/ do another thing to object already interfaced with

The 3 part tree to its programmed actions would make it really random and interesting.
(10-17-2016, 12:58 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: This could probably be done, the monkey AI could just take 3 random actions/interactions with a random AI control/feature every now and again.
Could be:
1. Select random AI compatible object, door, APC, shutters
2. Do a random "thing" or interaction with selected object #1
3. Re-roll randomizer, possibly interact with new object/ chimper on radio/ fart/ do another thing to object already interfaced with

The 3 part tree to its programmed actions would make it really random and interesting.

This is just Ion Storms, but on a smaller scale, and with some text thrown in.

Guys, this is 100% doable.
(says the non-coder, but still)
The door opening wouldn't be shitty if it checked the speaker's access in the crew manifest before opening. Or maint for anybody. Depending on how speakers are verified, this could make lings and voice-changers+ids more interesting.

Still not sure I'm fond if it. I'd rather have multicore AIs first.

It randomly opening doors, farting, screaming, chimpering, ordering stuff, etc. would be interesting though. Dumb, yes... eventually overplayed, yes... but interesting.
The only thing ApeI can order via QM is monkey crates, naturally.
(10-18-2016, 04:53 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: The door opening wouldn't be shitty if it checked the speaker's access in the crew manifest before opening. Or maint for anybody. Depending on how speakers are verified, this could make lings and voice-changers+ids more interesting.

Still not sure I'm fond if it. I'd rather have multicore AIs first.

It randomly opening doors, farting, screaming, chimpering, ordering stuff, etc. would be interesting though. Dumb, yes... eventually overplayed, yes... but interesting.

It shouldn't listen to requests. Only open close/turn on/turnoff things at random.
(10-18-2016, 04:53 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: The door opening wouldn't be shitty if it checked the speaker's access in the crew manifest before opening.

How often does someone ask for the ai to open a door they have access to? Just make it have a chance to open the door, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it bolts the door instead. Monkeys are not smart and are easily aggravated