Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Traitor Item: Traitor Radar/Spotter
Tired of being murdered by traitors when you could join up to accomplish amazing acts of terrible/hilarious things?

Look no further than the Traitor Spotter 9001!
An advanced crypt/cypher-breaker that can spot the coded signals of traitor PDA's once activated and highlights the traitors, or those who hole traitor PDAs,  with a teeny T mark over their heads!

Comes in two flavors, handheld or softward card for your PDA! Whichever is easier to program, Erm I mean use!

Note that every Spotter comes pre-keyed with a password matching your traitor PDA's password when ordered!

Work with other traitors, sabotage them, or just keep track of em so they don't destroy your hard work! Order your Traitor Spotter 9001 today!! Only 1 easy payment of (garbled) telecrystals for a limited time only!
To be honest this would most likely be used by powergamey traitors just to murder other traitors and steal their shit, ruining the round for the other traitor because the other dude bought this first.
All part of the fun! Powergamers are gonna game the game however they can anyway, plus if it's that big a concern the price tag can always be raised.
I agree with musketman12, this well end with one traitor with a fuckload of traitor gear every time.
I remember another suggestion like this, though I cannot find the link right now, that noah turned into a patch. It added two items, the T-flag and database eye. The database eye was like what you suggested, but it was a cybereye that you needed to have surgically inserted into you for it to work. The T-flag, on the other hand, would let all other traitors see you by default.

From what I saw in that thread, apparently in older versions of the game traitors could see eachother, but it was removed due to the exact thing musketman is worried about: turbonerd powergamers killing other traitors and stealing their gear.
(10-12-2016, 08:23 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I remember another suggestion like this, though I cannot find the link right now, that noah turned into a patch. It added two items, the T-flag and database eye. The database eye was like what you suggested, but it was a cybereye that you needed to have surgically inserted into you for it to work. The T-flag, on the other hand, would let all other traitors see you by default.

From what I saw in that thread, apparently in older versions of the game traitors could see eachother, but it was removed due to the exact thing musketman is worried about: turbonerd powergamers killing other traitors and stealing their gear.

Yes traitors used to be able to wear sunglasses and see other traitors but it got run into the ground.
and wouldnt security or vigilantes be able to use this to mercilessly extinguish all other traitors if a single traitor with this scanner gets brought down, save for the unlikely case that they remembered to lock it before getting murdered
The obvious solution is to give the other side a choice in the matter. The scanner marks people with unlocked Syndie PDAs, syndicate IDs and people who unlocked their PDA and set a 'visible to other syndicate operatives' flag (default off).
Choose if you are being nice/passive/murderous
instead of radar or tracker why not...

Traitor uplink visual overhaul (with secret messages)

here's how it'd go:

1 - enter in secret code
2 - a menu pops up with 4 options:
- Contact Syndicate Supplies dealer (Telecrystal listings)
- Send S.L.A.M. (Syndicate local area message) send a message viewable by other traitors if they go to view slams
- View S.L.A.M.s - view messages that other traitrs have sent.
- Contact Syndicate HQ (send message to admins(like pray but for traitors)
Are SLAMs anonymous? They should be.
(10-13-2016, 07:43 AM)salix_catus Wrote: instead of radar or tracker why not...

Traitor uplink visual overhaul (with secret messages)

here's how it'd go:

1 - enter in secret code
2 - a menu pops up with 4 options:
    - Contact Syndicate Supplies dealer (Telecrystal listings)
    - Send S.L.A.M. (Syndicate local area message) send a message viewable by other traitors if they go to view slams
    - View S.L.A.M.s - view messages that other traitrs have sent.
    - Contact Syndicate HQ (send message to admins(like pray but for traitors)

In general, I'm an advocate of a PDA overhaul and that sounds like a perfect addition to the forum idea

(10-13-2016, 09:49 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Are SLAMs anonymous? They should be.

They should give you a randomized code name using like "Purple Mongoose" or "Evergreen Tarantula"  and use some kind of encrypted packet ID to prevent snooping
I still prefer the passive version of this I suggested before:

Quote:T Mark: 1TC item implant that gives you a global flag that other Traitors can instantly recognize. It does NOT let you see traitors, but all other traitors can recognize you. This makes teamups more likely, but simultaneously makes you more liked to be raided by your "allies". They ARE traitors, after all.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=4582

We've already seen with the old sunglasses thing that the first thing traitors do when they know who the other traitors are is murderize them into dust.

I think it'd be more fair/fun for the person looking for teammates to not know who they are.
Not knowing who they are is good. you could still assist each other. like send a message asking for a distraction or somtehing. or letting people know that the bar is about to explode. etc.
i guess anonymous traitor-chat could be alright. like warn other traitors to keep out of the path of your rampage. and if they insist on trying to kill you well youre in rampage mode already so itd be a proper fight at least