Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teamup Traitor Item Suggestion: T Mark and Database Eye
T Mark: 1TC item implant that gives you a global flag that other Traitors can instantly recognize. It does NOT let you see traitors, but all other traitors can recognize you. This makes teamups more likely, but simultaneously makes you more liked to be raided by your "allies". They ARE traitors, after all.

This will not allow Changelings or Wizards to recognize you as you work for totally different organizations.

Syndicate Database Eye: 2TC item that must me installed manually at a surgical table. It's a cybernetic eye that automatically recognizes all face-exposed registered Traitors working for the syndicate. It does not, however, allow them to instantly know YOU'RE a traitor. Visually the same as a meson eye or some other innocuous cyber-eye.
The Intersect: 10 TC. Basically the database eye, but also makes you randomly kung-fu.
Marquesas Wrote:The Intersect: 10 TC. Basically the database eye, but also makes you randomly kung-fu.
This suggestion Bologna prime made for spy round sounds like it could work for a traitor implant standalone.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4932&hilit=spy#p54921

Of course an implant/fake eye thing that makes you kung fu, know who's traitor and be able to turn the station into a weapon would be kinda OP.
Everyone is just gonna kill each other for more syndicate tools, no way in hell anyone is gonna team up.
thehman03 Wrote:Everyone is just gonna kill each other for more syndicate tools, no way in hell anyone is gonna team up.

Traitors used to have T marks over their heads by default long ago and they got rid of them because traitors would seek each other out every round and teamup and then proceed to kill everyone on the station. So I disagree since I've seen it in the past and I even see teamups today with Traitors and every now and then I see changelings team up.
Ed Venture Wrote:
thehman03 Wrote:Everyone is just gonna kill each other for more syndicate tools, no way in hell anyone is gonna team up.

Traitors used to have T marks over their heads by default long ago and they got rid of them because traitors would seek each other out every round and teamup and then proceed to kill everyone on the station. So I disagree since I've seen it in the past and I even see teamups today with Traitors and every now and then I see changelings team up.
If you think about it, not knowing who's a traitor kind of makes it really difficult to team up with other traitors. This is a really interesting device, and I am all for its inclusion. Traitor team-ups are things I'd love to see more of.
I agree. Like I always say Teamwork makes the dream work.
Sounds good but 1-2 telecrystals is too cheap. you should get either team work, or more traitor items, not both.
I actually very much enjoy the sudden realization that someone else is probably a traitor and the awkward attempts you make to get them talking about their traitorness, hoping they're not an innocent crewmember who will rat you out. I think having to seek out potential partners-in-crime while under the radar is much more interesting and adds a bigger element of espionage and stealth to being a traitor.
salix_catus Wrote:Sounds good but 1-2 telecrystals is too cheap. you should get either team work, or more traitor items, not both.
Keep in mind you're taking a gamble.

Many traitors would just as quickly choke you out for your gear than work with you.

2TC would be fine, as most big purchases are 6-7, restricting you from getting two big purchases.
I just realized that this also paves the way for something really dirty and dastardly: Blackmail. Threaten to reveal the identity of your fellow traitors unless they give into your demands. This exponentially increases the potential for inter-traitor relationships, though maybe in a good way? Maybe not? There's no real way of telling for sure without throwing it in there and seeing what happens.
do what /tg/does, give traitors codewords that they can mix into a sentence to try to covertly identify each other.

Traitor 1:"The clown flies in the fart martian"

Traitor 2:"but only when the staff assistant drinks the mimosa in the chapel"

Non-traitor 1: "What the hell are you nerds talking about?"
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I just realized that this also paves the way for something really dirty and dastardly: Blackmail. Threaten to reveal the identity of your fellow traitors unless they give into your demands. This exponentially increases the potential for inter-traitor relationships, though maybe in a good way? Maybe not? There's no real way of telling for sure without throwing it in there and seeing what happens.
but how to reveal that someone is a traitor without exposing yourself...
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I just realized that this also paves the way for something really dirty and dastardly: Blackmail. Threaten to reveal the identity of your fellow traitors unless they give into your demands. This exponentially increases the potential for inter-traitor relationships, though maybe in a good way? Maybe not? There's no real way of telling for sure without throwing it in there and seeing what happens.
but how to reveal that someone is a traitor without exposing yourself...
Well, you know that they (more than likely) have traitor gear. You can stun them and lock them up/turn them into the brig and present their gear as evidence...or, hell, you can even present your own gear as "evidence" if you don't mind losing it (or plan on stealing it back later). You could also shout threats over the radio and inform security that there's a traitor that almost tried to kill you, maybe using your gun to make some convincing firefight sounds, and so on and so forth.
I like the idea of the traitorous cybereye for sure.