Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Artifact ideas and suggestions
Maybe actually make activated artifact weapons scannable like the Wiki used to claim they could be, who doesn't want to arm the station with overpowered flashlights?

Also, grenade artifacts, not just the silly "pick me up" light grenade that already exists, but one that if you click on it you need to shit your pants and throw it because it looks like any other handheld artifact, and could spit out anything. Could be foam, could be gas, could even spit out bees! who knows? It should always have completely random chems other than the basic carrier chem to spread them.
While they were fun, I don't especially miss scannable artifact weapons. It made doing anything else with artlab more pointless than usual - all people would do was hunt for artguns until they found one, then turn mechanics into an artgun factory, often churning through dozens until they found one that instamurdered people or something. It kind of took away from the concept of artifacts being rare and powerful items that required some effort to obtain and investigate.
Compromise idea:

Bring back artifact duplication but make it so that artlab is the only with the unique equipment required to do so. Also make it require exotic materials.
(09-21-2016, 09:29 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Compromise idea:

Bring back artifact duplication but make it so that artlab is the only with the unique equipment required to do so. Also make it require exotic materials.

This would honestly make more sense than mechanics being able to duplicate crazy alien technology.
(09-21-2016, 09:37 AM)Camnui Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 09:29 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Compromise idea:

This would honestly make more sense than mechanics being able to duplicate crazy alien technology.

Make the artifact duplicator require certain materials based on tech origin, like koshmarite for the eldritch artifacts, since that's what they're visibly made out of. I dunno.
(09-21-2016, 06:00 AM)DreamCarver Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 11:30 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: An artifact that turns you into a special ghost when you die. You're stuck observing the next person that touches the artifact. When they die, you both move onto the next person. You can only talk to the person you're observing, and other ghosts stuck on them.

This doesn't sound quite as fun as it could be...

What if instead, you get pulled in. Then the next guy touches the artifact, and you steal his body, but he gets trapped in it. Then another guy comes along, touches it, gets HIS body stolen, and so on and so forth.

And while you're inside it you can do the voice mimic thing to try and get people to touch it
i remember an old jukebox that used to do a similar gimmick to that.
Yeah, the jukebox in halloween.dm mentions code to do like, mind swapping
Actually, question now that I think about it, haven't there been like 3 other artifact suggestions threads?
yes, there have been lots. with ideas for more transforming artifacts, another one for even more transforming artifacts, at least one for artifact limbs and organs
And the artifact overhaul thread, the one with the power cores
I think to make artifact study more lucrative we should make it like genetics where tinkering around can remove bad traits and add good ones and maybe make some traits both good and bad should be exclusive to certain artifact types this way we have at least some way to control the chaos and get some actual use out of the artifact lab.
Honestly I would absolutely LOVE to be able to activate touch based artifacts by slamming a person or monkey into them and having it count as said character touching the artifact. It would save me a lot of trouble of accidentally getting borged by an artifact and such.

Monkeys could probably just be turned into a random NPC bot like medibot or firebot.
hello my friends. i just had an idea regarding light-producing artifacts

well you know the solar panels, they make electricity out of light

so i propose that if you haul a bright light-making artifact out and put it next to the solars, it should pump up their output
(09-30-2016, 05:50 AM)misto Wrote: hello my friends. i just had an idea regarding light-producing artifacts

well you know the solar panels, they make electricity out of light

so i propose that if you haul a bright light-making artifact out and put it next to the solars, it should pump up their output

In that case being near one of them should definitely damage your vision.