Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chem Menu wont Close
This happens to me very frequently, but almost every time I go to use the chem dispenser as a scientist, or any job for that matter, the top of the menu with the X and minimize and restore down tabs get cut off by the top of my screen, making it impossible to close the menu, forcing me to relog. Tell me if i'm just dumb, but it happened to someone else today while I was in the chem lab. It's really annoying because of the Byond ads.
Yeah this has happened to me pretty much every time I've used chem recently
This topic title is a bit of a poor wording of the actual problem (the close button is unavailable to you, but it would work if you could get to it). It is also a duplicate of this: http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6871.

I will move this issue up my todo list because it's apparently ubiquitous enough to affect a decent number of people, and has no decent workaround.
You can stop it by clicking again right away. But it can be a pain if you don't stop it before you move your mouse up the to the top of the screen and block the top bar.
There are people who aren't affected by this? Ah, I thought it was universal.

Well, until it's to-done - I've found the best way to 'fix' it (if you forget to drag it down) is to reconnect via File (or whatever is in the top left corner) > Reconnect. That way you can skip the ads and it only takes about 2 seconds.
I'm not affected by this chem dispenser issue. For me the issue is the reagent heater/cooler. It just keeps popping up after closing it, only stopping when I move a tile away.
(09-12-2016, 08:20 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: I'm not affected by this chem dispenser issue. For me the issue is the reagent heater/cooler. It just keeps popping up after closing it, only stopping when I move a tile away.

It's like some kind of glitch in the window update code, I have no idea why it reopens
That's a different issue and related to improper usage of the new popup code by a certain coder that rhymes with "Pewaka".
I though the heater opening was a feature. Gotta watch them temps.
I pushed a fix for this last night. Please confirm it is in fact fixed.