Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor menu creep

hello. menus such as when interacting with the chemdispenser and drinks dispenser like to creep up the screen to the point of becoming impossible to use

my mouse can no longer hit the x, move the menu, or eject the bottle. please stop the menus from creeping up or at least add spots on their bottom and sides to let me move them back down
Oh yeah, this is a real annoyance, I have to relog whenever a menu does this.
I heard it was a known bug and someone was working on fixing it. Or so I heard.
Huh, the menus used to have this exact same behavior except they would creep downward.

Definitely a long standing bug.
In the meantime, try clicking the borders of the windows. For me they always pop back into frame when i do that.
Feature. One can not reasonably expect to be able to use popups on goonstation. The slow nature of this creep is designed to appropriately represent the gradual descent into despair endemic to all players after a certain period of time.
i tried clicking the borders but no, it only lets me resize the sides of the menu box
Yeah clicking on the borders does nothing to help this.
Unfortunately the new window design has disabled the old method of fixing this.

Used to be you could press Alt (just alt by itself), use arrow keys to select the Move option in the dropdown box, and then move the window with arrow keys back on screen.

Still works for rogue PDA windows at least.
You might be able to do the old WINKEY + ANY ARROW (IT LIKES DOWN ARROW FOR ME) trick to fix it.
can we code a thing that makes it so the menu actively scoots away from your cursor
None of that works for me since the style change. I used to just resize it. Easiest way I have to 'fix' it is File>Reconnect. It takes less than 5 seconds to disconnect depending on lag so not that bad.
Is there some sort of connection between the apparent vertical size limit on the new style windows and being unable to recenter the window by clicking the bottom?
(08-07-2016, 11:27 PM)MollyMillions Wrote: can we code a thing that makes it so the menu actively scoots away from your cursor

There was talk once of a glitch based antag. If it had abilities like this...
(08-07-2016, 11:27 PM)MollyMillions Wrote: can we code a thing that makes it so the menu actively scoots away from your cursor

I actually had one of these windows bug out where that was actually happening. Any time I approached the X button it would just quickly scoot away to the left.