Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny Game Mode Frequency Suggestion
PROBABILITY MONKEY 100
(08-21-2016, 05:47 AM)MASTAFLIPS Wrote: to be honest goonstation is kind of boaring

Yes, thats nice, now get back under your bridge and go bother someone else please, we're trying to have a discussion here.
As long as people actually playing on Destiny are the prime factors. The few times I've hopped on I've found it a bit like playing a speedier round of Mush. Dying on Destiny is about like dying once on Cog2, only to be forced to spectate for four more rounds.
(08-21-2016, 06:16 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: As long as people actually playing on Destiny are the prime factors. The few times I've hopped on I've found it a bit like playing a speedier round of Mush. Dying on Destiny is about like dying once on Cog2, only to be forced to spectate for four more rounds.

Yeah, dying and not being able to be revived has always been one of the big problems on the destiny. Maybe we could have a respawn timer? Say if you've been dead for more than half an hour - forty five minutes you become able to respawn?
(08-21-2016, 05:42 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Alright, since this would be a fairly simple matter of changing these numbers in the config file.

PROBABILITY ALIEN 0
PROBABILITY BLOB 5
PROBABILITY CHANGELING 5
PROBABILITY DISASTER 0
PROBABILITY EXTENDED 0
PROBABILITY MALFUNCTION 0
PROBABILITY METEOR 0
PROBABILITY MONKEY 0
PROBABILITY MIXED 5
PROBABILITY NUCLEAR 5
PROBABILITY RESTRUCTURING 0
PROBABILITY REVOLUTION 0
PROBABILITY SANDBOX 0
PROBABILITY TRAITOR 30
PROBABILITY VAMPIRE 0
PROBABILITY WALDO 0
PROBABILITY WIZARD 5
PROBABILITY GANG 0
PROBABILITY SPY 0
PROBABILITY CONSTRUCTION 0

What do we want the chances of round types to be?

I'd go Extended 12, Traitor 1, Changeling 1, Nuclear 1, Wizard 1. That basically takes Blob out of the rotation for Destiny (the map/number of players really isn't suitable for it). This weighting works out as 75% extended, 25% something else (even split).

Note that you'd have to change the broadcast/printout early in the round, too. Personally, I think you should just add that to extended (extra paranoia/RP/giggles).

(08-21-2016, 05:47 AM)MASTAFLIPS Wrote: to be honest goonstation is kind of boaring

I don't think we have pigs? Cats, owls, dogs, bees... but no pigs.
We have space pigs, do they count?
Note: If you kill a (space) pig with fire, you can then cut it with a knife into bacon.
(08-21-2016, 09:32 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 05:42 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: -snip-

I'd go Extended 12, Traitor 1, Changeling 1, Nuclear 1, Wizard 1. That basically takes Blob out of the rotation for Destiny (the map/number of players really isn't suitable for it). This weighting works out as 75% extended, 25% something else (even split).

Note that you'd have to change the broadcast/printout early in the round, too. Personally, I think you should just add that to extended (extra paranoia/RP/giggles).
While 75/25 is a decent split IMO i do disagree on the idea of having nukeops and wizard having the same chance to appear as traitor and ling. I feel like the probabilities should be more like Extended 36 Traitor 7 Mixed 7 Changeling 7 Nukeops 4 Wizard 3, which still comes out at 75%.

(08-20-2016, 05:22 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 09:24 AM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 05:18 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: While we're on the subject of Destiny Game Modes, how about we have some destiny specific antag objectives that are more RP based than what we have already?

Also like that idea.

(08-20-2016, 01:54 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 05:18 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: While we're on the subject of Destiny Game Modes, how about we have some destiny specific antag objectives that are more RP based than what we have already?

Yes please

(08-20-2016, 04:25 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

absolutely, yes please
a well executed RP objective has always been infinitely cooler to me than a rampage

Alright, should we make a new thread to spitball objective ideas?

http://ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6945 here we go
Totally fair (though your mix is 36/28, not 75/25). I also prefer traitor/changeling rounds over the other two, so something like that mix (adjusting Extended accordingly) would work fine and probably appeal to most people.

Maybe even: Extended 39 / Traitor 4 / Mixed 3 / Changeling 3 / Nukeops 2 / Wizard 1. I really don't think Wizard rounds work on Destiny most of the time, to be honest, and Nukeops are either complete trouncing of the crew or the operatives dying in space.

Basically, 75% extended 25% other seems about right to me for a standard rotation. It gives people who enjoy antags something to look forward to, but those who like having a bit of relative peace the ability to play as-is most of the time.

I wouldn't be adverse to 50% extended, 50% other, but I think this change would be less extreme and encourage people to enjoy extended for what it is.
Waldo on Destiny could be fun

Also with higher RP gang and Rev could work better. There was a great Rev round on Dday. The only problem with that is having a high enough pop
(08-21-2016, 12:39 PM)Mordent Wrote: Totally fair (though your mix is 36/28, not 75/25). I also prefer traitor/changeling rounds over the other two, so something like that mix (adjusting Extended accordingly) would work fine and probably appeal to most people.

Maybe even: Extended 39 / Traitor 4 / Mixed 3 / Changeling 3 / Nukeops 2 / Wizard 1. I really don't think Wizard rounds work on Destiny most of the time, to be honest, and Nukeops are either complete trouncing of the crew or the operatives dying in space.

Basically, 75% extended 25% other seems about right to me for a standard rotation. It gives people who enjoy antags something to look forward to, but those who like having a bit of relative peace the ability to play as-is most of the time.

I wouldn't be adverse to 50% extended, 50% other, but I think this change would be less extreme and encourage people to enjoy extended for what it is.

I can count, i swear

And yeah, that was basically the thinking behind the changes i made. Nuke ops has some potential for good RP if the operatives are being stealthy about it, but with wizard there's practically none (unless you're doing that sort of shit "friendly wizard" thing, or impersonating someone i guess).

If it seems that the non-extended rounds are too infrequent once we set it up then we could always change it i suppose
I think if Nukeops were tweaked for Destiny, where detonating the nuke wasn't a goal so much as a bargaining chip for meeting another mission objective
(08-21-2016, 02:31 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think if Nukeops were tweaked for Destiny, where detonating the nuke wasn't a goal so much as a bargaining chip for meeting another mission objective

Like holding the station hostage in exchange for acquiring a ludicrous amount of money, or for the corpse of one of the heads of staff, or the secret recipe for ammonia

(08-21-2016, 01:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Waldo on Destiny could be fun

Also with higher RP gang and Rev could work better. There was a great Rev round on Dday. The only problem with that is having a high enough pop

I think actually changing the server like this, so that it's more unique, could actually attract a large and decent enough playerbase to do stuff like this.
I want a waldo round very much.
Bumping this thread because I really would like it if destiny could get a game mode with a high chance of extended but still the chance of some spiciness added to rounds.
Ya, maybe hardmode traitors instead of standard traitors. To dissuade rampages.