Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny Game Mode Frequency Suggestion
So, I love the LLJK1 server. Not too big, not too small, just the right mixture of shenanigans. Then, after some time, it was set to extended, permanently. Now, don't get me wrong, extended can be fun as well, but, after you're murdered in cold blood for the 3rd or 4th time, you start to wonder.... wonder if it would be possible for something to happen! So, here's my suggestion: Have every 3 or 4 rounds be a secret round. But not just any secret round, an RP enforced secret round, with little to no assassination objectives. This would ensure that secret would be fun, and not just murder-fest. Now, in the case of some of the less fun gamemodes, Like Nuke or Blob, they chance for those could be watered down. So, instead of every 1/6 secret rounds being nuke, it could be 1/8, something to that effect. Again, this would enforce more fun RP, less "Get dat fukken disk". I would love if you all can give me some feedback on this idea.
It's an RP server so any game mode is by default, RP. It's the also pretty well enforced that you don't murder without reason when you have an antagonist role.

Amins do come on occasionally, however, and mix things up a bit. Log in tonight for round two of Day of Destiny and get in on the action.
I play on LLJK1 for two reasons: RP, and less chaos.

Note how I said "less" chaos. In any given extended round there's inevitably one or more of engine fires, chemistry explosions, clowns throwing pies, staff assistants breaking into places, grow ops being busted by sec, and so on.

In general, I enjoy the relatively slow pace of LLJK1. That said, I also enjoy low-medium pop traitor rounds. I'm torn between either a) mixing in a traitor round every Xth extended round, or b) having a new type which is basically a random choice between traitor/extended (weighted towards extended), sort of like how "secret" works.

This would mean that you're not sure if there are antagonists or not, upping the tension level a little without messing with most rounds.
(08-19-2016, 12:40 PM)Mordent Wrote: I play on LLJK1 for two reasons: RP, and less chaos.

Note how I said "less" chaos. In any given extended round there's inevitably one or more of engine fires, chemistry explosions, clowns throwing pies, staff assistants breaking into places, grow ops being busted by sec, and so on.

In general, I enjoy the relatively slow pace of LLJK1. That said, I also enjoy low-medium pop traitor rounds. I'm torn between either a) mixing in a traitor round every Xth extended round, or b) having a new type which is basically a random choice between traitor/extended (weighted towards extended), sort of like how "secret" works.

This would mean that you're not sure if there are antagonists or not, upping the tension level a little without messing with most rounds.

I absolutely 100% agree with this idea
(08-19-2016, 12:40 PM)Mordent Wrote: I play on LLJK1 for two reasons: RP, and less chaos.

I love that idea!
(08-19-2016, 12:40 PM)Mordent Wrote: having a new type which is basically a random choice between traitor/extended (weighted towards extended), sort of like how "secret" works.

Yes please.
I like that idea, actually. Being unsure is cool.

Maybe less immediate BOOP BOOP HOSTILE STUFF announcement
While we're on the subject of Destiny Game Modes, how about we have some destiny specific antag objectives that are more RP based than what we have already?
(08-20-2016, 05:18 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: While we're on the subject of Destiny Game Modes, how about we have some destiny specific antag objectives that are more RP based than what we have already?

Also like that idea.
(08-20-2016, 05:18 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: While we're on the subject of Destiny Game Modes, how about we have some destiny specific antag objectives that are more RP based than what we have already?

Yes please

absolutely, yes please
a well executed RP objective has always been infinitely cooler to me than a rampage
(08-20-2016, 09:24 AM)Wraithcraft Wrote:

Also like that idea.

(08-20-2016, 01:54 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:

Yes please

(08-20-2016, 04:25 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

absolutely, yes please
a well executed RP objective has always been infinitely cooler to me than a rampage

Alright, should we make a new thread to spitball objective ideas?
Yes please. Sounds good to me.
Alright, since this would be a fairly simple matter of changing these numbers in the config file.

PROBABILITY ALIEN 0
PROBABILITY BLOB 5
PROBABILITY CHANGELING 5
PROBABILITY DISASTER 0
PROBABILITY EXTENDED 0
PROBABILITY MALFUNCTION 0
PROBABILITY METEOR 0
PROBABILITY MONKEY 0
PROBABILITY MIXED 5
PROBABILITY NUCLEAR 5
PROBABILITY RESTRUCTURING 0
PROBABILITY REVOLUTION 0
PROBABILITY SANDBOX 0
PROBABILITY TRAITOR 30
PROBABILITY VAMPIRE 0
PROBABILITY WALDO 0
PROBABILITY WIZARD 5
PROBABILITY GANG 0
PROBABILITY SPY 0
PROBABILITY CONSTRUCTION 0

What do we want the chances of round types to be?
to be honest goonstation is kind of boaring