Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combat tips
Are they immune because of drugs? Because I think there are darts that willy rapidly flush chems out of them. Barring that, hyposprays? 

That or use hit and run tactics. Set them on fire, and stay out of directly fighting them but keep pressure on them so they can't extinguish themselves
(08-16-2016, 02:35 PM)The_Rain Wrote: What's the best way to deal with someone who is stun immune, though?

If they're stun immune, you have two excellent choices.

1. Shoot them with bullets/lasers.
2. Run.
Hitting them with haloperidol (tranq-rifle) is good for people hopped up on drugs. It gets rid of most 'uppers' in their system and makes them groggy.

If you have somebody that has human smes and heat resist you're basically limited to the brute force, the detective's gun, shotguns, and chemical warfare for damage. The tranq rifle can slow them down, or possibly 'disarm' them (mutadone darts) if their genes aren't reinforced. It's a good idea to go grab a hypo full of mutadone if you hear tales about a bad geneticist.

For special cases like a ling with immortality, well, you basically have to get them into the portabrig and just leave them there. I find it a suiting punishment for being so lame. Sometimes people are so lame you have to be lame back, and you may or may not get yelled at depending on the admins involved.
(08-16-2016, 05:35 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: For special cases like a ling with immortality, well, you basically have to get them into the portabrig and just leave them there. I find it a suiting punishment for being so lame. Sometimes people are so lame you have to be lame back, and you may or may not get yelled at depending on the admins involved.

Changelings don't actually keep their powers if they're immortal through the uh.. artifact.
I have experiences that lead me to believe otherwise. That is, tossing a ling into the crusher and then getting stung by their reformed body. I think they even had their timers reset, as another guy was down and drooling. Apparently the ling had been crushed a couple of times before I got there.

Unless that's been changed within a month or two.
(08-16-2016, 05:53 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I have experiences that lead me to believe otherwise. That is, tossing a ling into the crusher and then getting stung by their reformed body. I think they even had their timers reset, as another guy was down and drooling. Apparently the ling had been crushed a couple of times before I got there.

Unless that's been changed within a month or two.

Well, I know wizards don't keep their powers, nor do macho men.
Can confirm that I was killed by another of my kind as a ling, then got monkey-cloned and lost all my powers. Probably because the monkey body didn't have the powers, though.

... This gives me the inclination that one could transplant a brain into a wizard's body and be able to use magic.
(08-16-2016, 07:29 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: Can confirm that I was killed by another of my kind as a ling, then got monkey-cloned and lost all my powers. Probably because the monkey body didn't have the powers, though.

... This gives me the inclination that one could transplant a brain into a wizard's body and be able to use magic.

You'd have to revive the body with strange reagent, but, other than that, this should work perfectly.
(08-17-2016, 05:57 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-16-2016, 07:29 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: Can confirm that I was killed by another of my kind as a ling, then got monkey-cloned and lost all my powers. Probably because the monkey body didn't have the powers, though.

You'd have to revive the body with strange reagent, but, other than that, this should work perfectly.

I saw this done ages ago but it brought back the wizard not the guy whos brain was in there cause SR is weird. He did seem to lose the magic as well.
(08-16-2016, 07:29 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: ... This gives me the inclination that one could transplant a brain into a wizard's body and be able to use magic.

I do recall when the port-a-sci was implemented that I (The wizard) was mindswapped with a common assistant. I still had my spells, but whenever I used them the assistant would be the one casting, wizardly-quantum-entanglement style. Made the Pandemonium and fireball spells a nightmare, although Magic missile was a blast.
(08-17-2016, 04:07 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote:
(08-16-2016, 07:29 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: ... This gives me the inclination that one could transplant a brain into a wizard's body and be able to use magic.

I do recall when the port-a-sci was implemented that I (The wizard) was mindswapped with a common assistant. I still had my spells, but whenever I used them the assistant would be the one casting, wizardly-quantum-entanglement style. Made the Pandemonium and fireball spells a nightmare, although Magic missile was a blast.
That's fucking hilarious.