Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combat tips
First post on the forum people lets go
Anyway I just want some combat tips and stuff so I can a edge over my opponent.
Situational awareness is everything: you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run.
Liberally abuse drugs, especially if you can get your hands on a hypospray. As I understand it chems trigger their addiction probability when first introduced into the body, and the hypospray just fucking skips addiction chance, meaning you can amp yourself up with a "lighter" drug like meth/nicotine/etc. very rapidly (and in configurable amounts, if you're using the hypospray) when needed. Great for managing stuns, running away from an unwinnable situation, muscling past breaches, and so on. Meth can be found in certain sodas (robust-eez I think), and if you REALLY can't find a hypospray (there's roughly 7 in medbay in various places), there are some in the debris field.

Not quite a combat tip, but there's an easy way to manufacture hobo charcoal: burn paper to make it into ash, then scoop up the ashes in a container. Add salt from the bar and heat with a welder. After a certain heat it will turn into charcoal (374 K if I recall) and can cure your woes without stumbling all the way to Medbay.

Hide behind shrubs when you're off-screen from someone chasing you.* Unless you have giant obnoxious clothing, 9 times out of 10 they WILL NOT notice your few pixels around the shrub and will just keep running after you, usually not realizing their mistake until they're several sectors away from you.** Great for evading a rampager or wizard or something.

Trade with the Clown for his PDA, or steal it off his dead body. It's good for slipping people without having to find/use chems/a mop.

(*This may not work if your pursuer is fast enough to catch up to you, this is assuming you're both at standard speeds.)
(**Unless they read this tip.)

EDIT: http://wiki.ss13.co/Guide_to_Being_Robust
The game has a lot of gimmicky mechanics like shoving people in chutes, tabling them, sticking them on chairs/beds/surgical tables, repeatedly throwing them against a wall, quick-chairflips, drunken flips, etc. It just takes some playtime to find how to use them all.

Outside of that just learn how to click on a moving target while moving. There's always a guy up for boxing. If you need target practice then the critter game in VR is pretty good for practice.

I won't go into other stuff as being super robust to me is more about having nothing and still rolling over everybody. Like running over an entire sec team in your birthday suit with nothing but a battery.
Spam disarm and kill them with their own weapon.

Consume lots of coffee.

Be sure to have a good outfit on as well.
The most important combat skill is coming up with a good quip after you win.
Stuns are king.

They are way more important than raw damage.
(08-08-2016, 09:42 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Stuns are king.

They are way more important than raw damage.

This is all you need to know. Stuns are OP abuse the hell out of them for your own advantage.
hide in bushes unless your opponent has a gun

when in bushes set intent to harm so they cant just swap tiles with you in the bush

and rig things in your favor by bringing friends be they flesh or metal, chems

also, stealth and subversiveness is king. i once killed houka while he was rampaging as a mindslave by disguising as his master and catching him unaware
Pro tip hit until dead
(08-09-2016, 08:05 AM)BBEG Wrote: Pro tip hit robust until dead

Fixed that for you.
(08-09-2016, 01:55 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: hide in bushes unless your opponent has a gun

if they have a gun, spam stand/rest and slide under everyone's bullets.  I had good heavy armour and once almost managed to get away from a bolivian army ending of 4 people with backpacks full of guns.

also abuse crates if you have to fight in a corridor or maintenance, you can flip them closed to block bullets while you reload get in not go out

as for weapons, if you can get hold of a gem (uquill counts as one too) turn it into window sheets, then break the window for a shard.  Those are even more powerful than the plasmaglass shards of old Grimm and frostbitten
Synthflesh, it's the most useful medical chemical and it's pretty darn trivial to make. It fixes BRUTE and BURN damage and heals all bleeding. I managed to save my own life and two others from a cloaked knife attack the other day by spamming Synthflesh patches and my flash until the guy gave up.

Always carry a fire extinguisher, it'll save your life or others, and it makes a pretty good blunt weapon.
What's the best way to deal with someone who is stun immune, though?
(08-16-2016, 02:35 PM)The_Rain Wrote: What's the best way to deal with someone who is stun immune, though?

Running very fast in the opposite direction.