Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
rework materials from the ground up
it doesn't work and causes problems
any given part of it bugs mercilessly or is so niche as to be irrelevant
there is a giant room in cog2 devoted to it that does nothing and wastes space that could be used for something that interacts with QM more
the material recombobulator is literally worthless, 100%
all it's particularly good for that I can recall is making opulent gold floors and turning everything into erebite, as well as spending all round trying to get miners to do their job so you can make unstoppable death armor/a gun that never runs out due to a bug that just got fixed anyway

**note: i know this is a horrid massive undertaking but the system has become bloated and dysfunctional
(08-08-2016, 03:04 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: **note: i know this is a horrid massive undertaking but the system has become bloated and dysfunctional

It's actually pretty much the exact opposite problem.

It's VERY unfinished, and it's missing a whole bunch of stuff that it really should have.

It's anything but bloated.
(08-08-2016, 05:39 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 03:04 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: **note: i know this is a horrid massive undertaking but the system has become bloated and dysfunctional

It's VERY unfinished, and it's missing a whole bunch of stuff that it really should have.

oh ok
I guess what I really mean is that it seems sort of lumbering and misformed; the parts missing are making it janky and prone to issues and since it seems sort of shadowy and incomprehensible at times, I mistook it for actually being big but broken when really it's missing vital organs
(08-08-2016, 07:50 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 05:39 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

oh ok
I guess what I really mean is that it seems sort of lumbering and misformed; the parts missing are making it janky and prone to issues and since it seems sort of shadowy and incomprehensible at times, I mistook it for actually being big but broken when really it's missing vital organs
It's basically anti-atmos
Atmos and the material system are the 2 things nobody dares approaching because if they are fucked up, the game wont work anymore. They're like the 2 SS13 final bosses for coders.
do you know how long and horrible that would fucking be
(08-08-2016, 09:27 PM)zcamperz Wrote: do you know how long and horrible that would fucking be

A couple months at least.
(08-08-2016, 09:27 PM)zcamperz Wrote: do you know how long and horrible that would fucking be

YES I KNOW EXACTLY
all i know is that i miss when people were actually making useful things out of it like armor jumpsuits. my god, and adding chemicals to all sorts of shit. those were wild times. i made a bathsalts infused jumpsuit once
It would be nice if the department-specific materials fabricators were brought back, at least. A good half of the stuff you used to be able to make vanished when everything was consolidated into the workbench. I miss making telecrystal champagne glasses and golden stunbatons.
The materials system itself is alright-ish, but yes it could use some work.
We lost things like golden toolboxes. I miss them
You know what would really be nice is if you could just scan given simple-enough objects into the combobulater and make like, blueprints for their shape that take what they're made of
Extinguishers take metals, cups take crystals, et cetera, et cetera

EDIT: That saves adding a listing for every single object, make it kinda like the ruckenginur
also, bring back fabric alloy jumpsuits, those sounded really cool and i haven't been here long enough to experience them D:
(08-09-2016, 06:52 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: also, bring back fabric alloy jumpsuits, those sounded really cool and i haven't been here long enough to experience them D:

I thought you could still do this...
(08-09-2016, 06:28 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 06:52 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: also, bring back fabric alloy jumpsuits, those sounded really cool and i haven't been here long enough to experience them D:

I thought you could still do this...

Only with flesh and blob.

Flesh because people can jump in and then you stick another piece of metal in.

Blob because it works for some reason.