Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refillable/Hackable NanoMeds
As a doctor I think I've run out of medicine once and that was only because medbay was a crater and I was running shop out of the annex. I do feel like there are far too many meds available on the station already and that mechanics can so simply make more by plopping down a new vendor is a bit silly.

I do like FrankStein's Coke-Freestyle version of a machine. Fill it with chemicals and you can get it to spit out patches/pills/syringes of that type for you until the keg runs dry. Have the initial machine start with a certain amount of chemical in each 'keg' and allow chemistry/botany/the bar/pathology/qm to ship more to be loaded in to expand the stockpiles. Any replicas made by mechanics would also need to be filled up before use. This wouldn't *require* people to work together since there is an initial stockpile but the result of working together would be pretty kickass.
Exactly, don't punish non-interaction, reward interaction
Positive reinforcement, yo, make it work nicely rather than forcing people to harry each other
Coke-Freestyle 2016
Emagging the nano-med could cause it to randomly teleport around the station. It would still respond to summons but you'd have to act quickly to get the meds you need before -zap- it's gone again! Maybe a chance for it to deny access randomly as well?

That aside, yes to refilling any machine.  Why? Logic. You have a machine that dispenses something, why shouldn't you be able to refill it?
refill it with mislabeled poisons for extra mischief
(08-09-2016, 12:13 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 11:39 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Maybe give botany the same kinda keg tap system but linked to the bar?

All botany needs is some kinda secure belt to medical to send produce. Medical already has a seriously unused reagent extractor. It's a shame belt hell is so underused on cog 2, the medsci dock is so out of the way anything sent there will never be picked up.

Edit: never mind you were talking about bar.

I've had botany deliver medbay things pretty often on Destiny, likely a massive factor of which is the whole "proximity" thing.

Generally solid ideas coming up here, which I can sum up as: give the pharmacy/chemistry more opportunity to actually contribute positively and/or make some cash.
(08-09-2016, 12:13 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: All botany needs is some kinda secure belt to medical to send produce.

Or something like the Mining - QM crate chute.
(08-09-2016, 05:12 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Emagging the nano-med could cause it to randomly teleport around the station. It would still respond to summons but you'd have to act quickly to get the meds you need before -zap- it's gone again! Maybe a chance for it to deny access randomly as well?

That aside, yes to refilling any machine.  Why? Logic. You have a machine that dispenses something, why shouldn't you be able to refill it?

Please, no on the emag capabilities. There're already loads of toys for an emagger in medical, don't add another thing for them to screw around with.
I think a system where all vending machines can be refilled by a common nano-restock kit that can be manufactured at a general manufacturer or offered by the QM is the way to go here. Encourages moving around and interacting and gathering resources but isn't overly complex or punitive. Just possibly have it not work on the ammo vending machine to avoid buckshot spam - you already can't scan that one.