Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Food Buffs thread
The problem with addiction in the game is that every single addiction is the same. Addiction is one of the single worst conditions in this game to get, so any risk at all enough to offput people from even risking it at all. If it was just some shakes and a couple messages that you crave coffee, sure, but instead its the same full-blown addiction that knocks you over every 30 seconds and required holing up somewhere for 15 minutes before it resolves itself.
(08-07-2016, 06:31 AM)Mageziya Wrote: The problem with addiction in the game is that every single addiction is the same. Addiction is one of the single worst conditions in this game to get, so any risk at all enough to offput people from even risking it at all. If it was just some shakes and a couple messages that you crave coffee, sure, but instead its the same full-blown addiction that knocks you over every 30 seconds and required holing up somewhere for 15 minutes before it resolves itself.

Well, they aren't quite all the same anymore but I agree. Coffee and cigarettes have been reduced to no longer have lying down randomly, but you can still randomly drop items. 

I'd rather have cloudy vision from withdrawal headaches than that.
Addiction is horribly fucking annoying and requires either total complicity and non-murder or total complicity & another person's help to operate the sleeper, which most people will probably ignore you in medbay if you're zazzing out from addiction. AKA good fucking luck if you ever get any nicotine in your body, it will ruin you for like thirty minutes. At least it used to be that way.

Remember when medbay lollipops would give you a crippline ephedrine addiction?

I remember BECAUSE THAT'S STILL THE CASE LAST I CHECKED
(*PLEASE REPLACE THE EPHEDRINE WITH EPINEPHRINE)