Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
doors are shit pls revert
The way they work would work better if you could reliably click the sprites
the doors should continue to periodically try to close so they dont get stuck open forever by someone standing in them once

alternately, consider the closing door forcing people to step back in much the same way as conveyor belts can move people, or how people can switch places with help intent on. then the 1% crush chance or wirecut crush comes into play when it forgets to force people to step back.

i actually like the crushing a lot though. can a rogued ai remotely disable the crush safety so that it has a weapon to wield
Allow doors to close on down people. I want to crush monkeys with doors.
(07-30-2016, 04:00 AM)misto Wrote: i actually like the crushing a lot though. can a rogued ai remotely disable the crush safety so that it has a weapon to wield
No, but they can spam-click to close it with the 1% chance to close on someone and crush them.
you know what'd be nice
an open/close nearest door verb maybe? the AI has an "open nearest door" code, maybe re-purpose that
so you can just, go in, go out, close the door with a shortcut or something
a damn near unclickable sprite + being chased + not closing on yourself = living hell
Are you guys talking about the red air locks? Cause the other doors have this little panel that hangs out that you can click on to open and close
Little is being generous that fucking panel is microscopic when you're in a hurry
it's really really small and inaccessible compared to the old one, it's fine thematically when you're safe but gameplay-wise it's really infuriating; this was sort of a concession, even when the doors were being designed
the consensus was to try and make something that made sense perspective and theme wise but was still usable
unfortunately the latter is not the case atm, being able to close a door to avoid a pursuer/shitty assistant is very important, damn near impossible to escape certain mobs now

this paired with the pod problems & movement issues makes surviving as a spaceman generally much harder when dealing with anything that has an AI
I'm going to bump this since this issue has killed me quite a few times recently.

Another major problem (bug) with this change is that doors tend to get wedged open, especially in populated areas, which makes hull breaches and plasma fires even worse. I'm also pretty sure that firelocks won't close properly as well.
Put door opening and closing on the right click menu please.
The fucking doors have gotten me early into the round twice today. They close at some of the most inopportune times and do enough damage to put you to orange health.

ughghhghghghgghuughguhguhu

Sometimes I walk into a door just as it closes on me too, which is just the worst.

(09-19-2016, 10:17 AM)locusts Wrote: Put door opening and closing on the right click menu please.

Yes this too. And maybe toggle autoclose/manual bolting with ID access some day, idk.
I'm going to revive this thread in a kneejerk manner.

The doors just aren't fun. Its a random dice roll that can mean certain death at the most in opportune times. There's nothing really added to the game with it.

At the very least, if there is a refusal to remove this, make it so being crushed doesn't do 40 brute, as that's an absurd amount of damage for something that can randomly happen to people at any time.
40 brute is far from lethal and it means there is some cost to just standing on the door tile and letting it close in order to trap/escape from someone.
(12-10-2016, 11:44 PM)Erev Wrote: 40 brute is far from lethal and it means there is some cost to just standing on the door tile and letting it close in order to trap/escape from someone.

But it can also close on your face in the middle of a fight with a c saber wielding traitor, making you die for a reason that was no real fault of your own which is kind of bull.
ive grown more sympathetic to the anti crush crowd over time. it should be handled more like electrocution - something that has to be enabled either deliberately or accidentally, not some stationwide manufacturing defect