Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monkey NPC chatter
i think monkeys should say shit all the time like shitty bill does but only monkeys can understand it
monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

Noah Buttes [145.9] says, "WHO RELEASED ALL THE MONKEYS IN GENETICS AND TURNED ON THE INTERCOM"

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

Cluwne Clone  [145.9] says, "HONK"

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,

monkey [145.9] chimpers,
I'd say no to this, solely because the stations starts with a lot of monkeys and it'd really clog up things like dead chat. Unless, of course, monkey muttering was rather rare.
just give them that shakespeare disease, something something infinite typewriters, its almost a joke
(07-18-2016, 03:23 AM)misto Wrote: just give them that shakespeare disease, something something infinite typewriters, its almost a joke

Fun fact - they can catch diseases including ones with that symptom and they do recite the lines.
Sometimes a geneticist works by keeping several monkeys alive and they all invariably wind up with coprolalia somehow. This experience leads me to say nay to this.
Maybe not every monkey, but certain key ones? Any monkey that starts with clothes, for sure
Thing is, Don't monkeys always just "chimper" without text unless you ARE a monkey? Because if you want scripted conversations that happen once in a blue moon, I am more than happy to write enough banter to fill a SegaCD game.
Mr Muggles should rarely spout helpful game tips ran through a Markov bot
If we're looking for random shit for monkeys to say well, uh, #goonstation.

Heheh.. heh... ahahahahaha.

Just make sure the frequency is dialed down enough and I don't really care. I just don't want pages of 'Shit!' and 'Piss!' cluttering deadchat. Proximity hearing for deadchat shouldn't be mandatory in your average round.
I feel like Monkey speak could just be monkeys occasionally saying things like "Want banana", "want poo", and "want drink". Except when they're angry, then they become violent "WANT HURT", with the occasional "want typewriter" as a joke.

They don't know how to grammar because they're monkeys.
Have them say "Want X." whenever they're pickpocketing, where X is what they're trying to steal.
(07-20-2016, 01:11 PM)Grek Wrote: Have them say "Want X." whenever they're pickpocketing, where X is what they're trying to steal.

I love this idea since it adds both flavor and utility.
What about if their lines only show up in deadchat if you died as a monkey?