Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
When are bombs OK?
(03-22-2017, 02:37 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
Quote:Toxins isn't even the quickest way to reach capped ttvs. Hell, I recall getting capped ttv gas with nothing but an air pump, some portable oxygen and plasma tanks, an enclosed 2x1 area, and a welder.

That whole area is pretty much just for makin' canbombs.
How the hell did you pull that off?

air pump can fill the plasma tank with super heated air from the surronding room. Though this method sounds pretty risky
(03-22-2017, 11:35 AM)cgrn10 Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 05:20 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Toxins itself could be moved to the research station, approximately the only place in the fucking world you should ever be actually detonating a canbomb if you're not a traitor (because every other circumstance is fairly extenuating). 

Don't blow it up there actually. It can still destroy the entire research wing.  :suicide:

maybe the disused mining station could be repurposed. though the diner inhabitants might disapprove
(03-22-2017, 02:37 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
Quote:--
How the hell did you pull that off?
Typical mix, put in room, release gas, ignite, suck it back in, let it burn inside the pump. There, now you have superheated co2.

It's basically a portable ventless burn chamber.
Why would you have superheated co2?
(03-22-2017, 12:59 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 11:35 AM)cgrn10 Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 05:20 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Toxins itself could be moved to the research station, approximately the only place in the fucking world you should ever be actually detonating a canbomb if you're not a traitor (because every other circumstance is fairly extenuating). 

Don't blow it up there actually. It can still destroy the entire research wing.  :suicide:

wtf I hate toxins even more now

A maxcap canbomb on the research station will actually damage medbay quite a bit as well. Canbombs get a little absurd, but very few people actually know how to pull them off well so I think they're good!
(03-22-2017, 05:10 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Why would you have superheated co2?

Plasma + O2 => CO2
Well I know that I thought he was saying that as in you want heated co2 for some reason.
Well, for a TTV, you want a tank of burn mix and a tank of hot mix. Burn mix needs to be extremely flammable, hot mix needs to be really fucking hot. It doesn't matter what the composition of the hot mix is if it's really hot.

I think. It's been a while, bombs aren't usually my thing.
i wish walls and r-walls would do more to block/channel explosions rather than the blast always being a more or less square/circular radius. for examble, imagine bomb set off in a reinforced steel hallway. the blast would at first be inclined to follow the path of least resistance and blow down the length of the hallway before pressing on the walls. but i understand that that sort of thing might be atmos levels of complexity
Maybe bombs that are fragmentation-based and only damage people (still damaging floor tiles and windows but not breaching) would be nice. For example, you attach some glass shards and metal rods or whatever to a TTV or single-tank bomb, and make sure the bomb isn't too powerful (by either limiting the temperature or by possibly adding a new option that allows you to adjust the speed of gas transfer), then use it as a fragmentation grenade or mine or whatever. The explosion wouldn't cause hull breaches (unless you're exploding it near windows that go into space) and could be used as a last-resort for an antag or rogue silicon that's murderboning and destroying *everything*
(03-23-2017, 05:32 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Maybe bombs that are fragmentation-based and only damage people (still damaging floor tiles and windows but not breaching) would be nice. For example, you attach some glass shards and metal rods or whatever to a TTV or single-tank bomb, and make sure the bomb isn't too powerful (by either limiting the temperature or by possibly adding a new option that allows you to adjust the speed of gas transfer), then use it as a fragmentation grenade or mine or whatever. The explosion wouldn't cause hull breaches (unless you're exploding it near windows that go into space) and could be used as a last-resort for an antag or rogue silicon that's murderboning and destroying *everything*

Iirc you can stick glass in pipebombs, but those still do area damage. I would like to see some more anti-personnel improvised weaponry in the game rather than anti-the-whole-station.

(Anyway, even if canbombs are hard to make, we have an entire wing of research dedicated to figuring it out, and unlike chemistry they can't do anything very positive 99% of the time)
As for those pipebombs, afaik there's been 5-6 new things you can shove in them. But i've never seen them in game because I think maybe only a handful know what to shove in, and it's something that I've been meaning to update the wiki on but cannot due to lack of knowledge. They're defintely not secret btw.
(03-23-2017, 06:50 AM)Sundance Wrote: As for those pipebombs, afaik there's been 5-6 new things you can shove in them. But i've never seen them in game because I think maybe only a handful know what to shove in, and it's something that I've been meaning to update the wiki on but cannot due to lack of knowledge. They're defintely not secret btw.

You can use glowsticks, meat, paper, butts, ectoplasm, wire & a cell, glass, and instruments afaik. There are almost certainly more, but at some point I got tired of cramming every single object on the station into pipebombs and having half of them inexplicably fill the bomb with null reagents
(03-23-2017, 06:35 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: (Anyway, even if canbombs are hard to make, we have an entire wing of research dedicated to figuring it out, and unlike chemistry they can't do anything very positive 99% of the time)

What are you talking about, officer? I'm going to give these maxcaps to mining, they're perfectly legit!
"Look, the diner ain't gonna disappear itself."