Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be a part of space history: infernal contracts - the reject bin
Legendary Fartmaster:
You get toxic farts and uncontrollable farting. You do not get immunity to your own toxic farts.

Speed Freak:
Your run speed is boosted drastically, but standing still for more than two seconds causes you to catch on fire. Standing still for more than ten seconds causes you to fatally explode.

Addictive Personality:
Chemicals drain from your body far slower, and gain permanent addictions to cola, coffee, nicotine and alcohol.

Sweetheart:
Gain immunity to the negative effects of sugar overdose, but risk cardiac failure every tick you don't have sugar in your bloodstream.
Plasma Lung:
Pro: You can now breath plasma!
Con: You can't heal unless you're standing in a tile containing plasma gas. (And maybe give them the Human Torch trait, if possible)

Not Funny Anymore:
Pro: Your emote sounds are now honks (bike horn, not demented cluwne honk.)
Con: You gradually waste away if you aren't wearing clown clothing to match your new sound effects.
(07-13-2016, 02:46 AM)poland spring Wrote: Have the disguise unremovable and permanently mark them for arrest.  Contract says it'll make them famous

I'm not sure that's feasible since I believe arrest and contraband code has changed since the github release.

(07-13-2016, 02:56 AM)MollyMillions Wrote: Infinite gold: your urine var is set to 1000 and locked no matter how much you pee all over the goddamn place

This would be easily doable, but I'm not sure there's enough of a drawback to it.

(07-13-2016, 02:56 AM)MollyMillions Wrote: Get big: double in size, with no real benefits to speak of

It has a built in draw-back in that you're much easier to hit. I like it. Added to the 'maybe' pile with an attribution.

(07-13-2016, 02:56 AM)MollyMillions Wrote: Immortality: turn into a cyborg as if you were infected with nanites, except you're made of gold because thats funnier

I've already got a couple plays on immortality in the form of the vampire and satanic cluwne ones and another one (meatcube) in the works.

EDIT: That having been said, I might implement some way to make borg limbs, torsos, and heads out of different materials in my borg patch. The operative word in that sentence is might.

(07-13-2016, 02:56 AM)MollyMillions Wrote: Become Rich: Changes your name to Richard

I could add this as a low probability side effect of the already existing rich contract. Added to implementation queue with an attribution.

(07-13-2016, 02:56 AM)MollyMillions Wrote: Magic Powers: Makes you a wizard and gives you a grimoire, but doesn't give you any wizard clothes or a staff so you can't cast spells.

A wizard could still take soul guard to easily remedy both of those issues. Soul Guard would spawn him back on the shuttle, where he could acquire wizard gear. Hell, he could probably just break into the shuttle without a spell.

A better way would be to give him everything EXCEPT the spell book, but even then he'd have magic missile and phase shift.

Perhaps the best way to do it would be to give the person who signs the contract the ability to cast spells without wizard clothes but to only let them use the pandemonium spell.

Added to the 'maybe' list with an attribution.

(07-13-2016, 02:56 AM)MollyMillions Wrote: Talk to the Animals: Space Mice and Roaches follow you wherever you go and occasionally spawn near you. Bees will follow you too.

I don't really see the downside to this. Is there one?

(07-13-2016, 03:49 AM)ISaidNo Wrote: Legendary Fartmaster:
You get toxic farts and uncontrollable farting. You do not get immunity to your own toxic farts.

YES. I can give it the exact same description as the linked fart contract to fake people out into thinking they'll be getting ungodly control over farts.

Added to the very top of the implementation queue with an attribution.

(07-13-2016, 03:49 AM)ISaidNo Wrote: Speed Freak:
Your run speed is boosted drastically, but standing still for more than two seconds causes you to catch on fire. Standing still for more than ten seconds causes you to fatally explode.

I would absolutely love to implement this, but I don't have access to the new movement code in order to actually make this.

Added to the "broken dreams" queue with an attribution.

(07-13-2016, 03:49 AM)ISaidNo Wrote: Addictive Personality:
Chemicals drain from your body far slower, and gain permanent addictions to cola, coffee, nicotine and alcohol.

A really fiendish thing to do would be to make it so the reagents don't drain at all, so they eventually overdose due to having to constantly feed their addiction.

That having been said, it might be a terrible fucking idea to make reagents not drain from someone's body since they could pretty much ignore the effects of the addiction with enough stun-resisting and/or medical chemicals.

Added to the "I'm thinking about it" queue with an attribution.

(07-13-2016, 03:49 AM)ISaidNo Wrote: Sweetheart:
Gain immunity to the negative effects of sugar overdose, but risk cardiac failure every tick you don't have sugar in your bloodstream.

Sugar is fucking everywhere so that downside isn't really much of an issue.

(07-13-2016, 04:47 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Plasma Lung:
Pro: You can now breath plasma!
Con: You can't heal unless you're standing in a tile containing plasma gas. (And maybe give them the Human Torch trait, if possible)

Could you elaborate upon what you mean by "heal"?

(07-13-2016, 04:47 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Not Funny Anymore:
Pro: Your emote sounds are now honks (bike horn, not demented cluwne honk.)
Con: You gradually waste away if you aren't wearing clown clothing to match your new sound effects.

There's already an emote sound change idea, and I think the completely random sound thing works better than just bike horns.
Cool name that deals with eating stuff: Everything you eat is fucking delicious (MSG popup text, no effect).

Imaginary Friend: You get a hallucination that you can't escape, but it just talks to you constantly -- real friendly like!

Mithridatism: You're immune to TOX damage from external sources, but naturally accrue it unless you keep exposing yourself to TOX damage producers.

Social Butterfly: Automatically wave and say nice things to everyone you see. Who's awesome? Points to awesome person. You're awesome! Oh yeah!
(07-13-2016, 08:07 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Cool name that deals with eating stuff: Everything you eat is fucking delicious (MSG popup text, no effect).

It'd be obnoxious as hell, but it seems more like a side-effect kind of thing rather than a stand-alone contract.

(07-13-2016, 08:07 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Imaginary Friend: You get a hallucination that you can't escape, but it just talks to you constantly -- real friendly like!

I don't really see the downside here.

(07-13-2016, 08:07 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Mithridatism: You're immune to TOX damage from external sources, but naturally accrue it unless you keep exposing yourself to TOX damage producers.

That sounds really obtuse and difficult to implement, but it inspired a different really cool idea.

Health reversal. Things that damage you now heal you, while things that heal you are now harmful. This should, in theory, be relatively simple to implement and would be a really unique mechanic with a very large upside but an equally bad downside.

Added that to the implementation queue, pending review, with an attribution to you for the inspiration.

Edit: It turns out that I was right, and it would be incredibly simple to implement. Huzzah.

(07-13-2016, 08:07 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Social Butterfly: Automatically wave and say nice things to everyone you see. Who's awesome? Points to awesome person. You're awesome! Oh yeah!

Doesn't really work as an effect from selling your soul. Would work as a pure love-esque reagent though.
How about a contract that makes you into an omnitraitor, but makes you permanently and incurably blind and/or deaf.
meat vision

gives you eye lasers that turn things into hotdogs and burgers and it depletes your blood

if you go too long without using it your eyes fall out and turn into meatballs

dessicated

you become really dry and need water in you or else you'll dry up into a skeleton.

every so often you have a "dry spell" where it permenantly increases the amount of water needed to not dry up
(07-15-2016, 02:51 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: meat vision

gives you eye lasers that turn things into hotdogs and burgers and it depletes your blood

if you go too long without using it your eyes fall out and turn into meatballs

dessicated

you become really dry and need water in you or else you'll dry up into a skeleton.

every so often you have a "dry spell" where it  permenantly increases the amount of water needed to not dry up

I have no idea how you came up with that first one, and I'm not sure I want to know. Either way, it sounds hilarious, but I'm not sure how easy it'll be to implement.

Added to the "maybe" queue.
I want the high score - You become a virtual version of yourself, gain three lives (respawn at arrivals I guess), gain the "jumpy" mutation, and every 60 seconds get a Go-Kart power. Maybe some way to gain a score like the name?

Bumping into a critter or player instantly kills you, plays a game over sound and makes your body to fly through the bottom of the screen.
(07-21-2016, 09:26 PM)Arborinus Wrote: I want the high score - You become a virtual version of yourself, gain three lives (respawn at arrivals I guess), gain the "jumpy" mutation, and every 60 seconds get a Go-Kart power. Maybe some way to gain a score like the name?

Bumping into a critter or player instantly kills you, plays a game over sound and makes your body to fly through the bottom of the screen.

Sounds hilarious but nearly impossible to implement.
Incredibly irradiated hulk

Permanently gives you hulk mutation and radiation/mutation aura

Svenkey
You turn into a monkey that can speak, but only with a Swedish accent
(too tired to think of good name)
It gives you that toxic fart mutation, except your farts heal instead of hurt. To counterbalance this sometimes it can set you on fire, make your ass fall off, or biblegib you, the possibilities are endless

(once again way to tired to think)
either makes you take less or deal more damage(or a bit of both) but you move horrendously slow

blast from the ass
upon signing the contract it blows off everyone's ass in the vicinity ( like the butt ttv)

enjoy
lmao
You can juggle all you want without making anything fall, stuns and all still make you drop everything.
You constantly laugh and fart. Your butt is also removed.
Greasy

You become covered in a thick unremovable coating of grease. unable to grab/be grabbed/hold items and catch on fire from heat sources. people would also slip if they walked over you and anything you try to pick up also becomes greasy and smells awful
I'm not actively working on this right now since my focus has shifted back onto the borg patch.

However, I believe zewaka has an updated and bugfree version of this project.