Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Security Update
(07-12-2016, 07:28 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I want to literally throw the book at criminals.

Wat? I thought we had a the book! If we don't have a the book then we definitely need a the book.
(07-12-2016, 01:21 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 07:28 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I want to literally throw the book at criminals.

Wat? I thought we had a the book! If we don't have a the book then we definitely need a the book.

only on destiny
Is there a way to rip up books?
(07-12-2016, 04:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Is there a way to rip up books?

You can roll them into joints.
Either I'm very selectively looking at this or it seems to me that more people are playing security than ever and arresting people for crime, petty or otherwise. Good job and keep it up!
Yes hello, if people could stop suiciding because they are being arrested that would be nice, thanks.
(07-16-2016, 09:07 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Yes hello, if people could stop suiciding because they are being arrested that would be nice, thanks.

I hope you space or gib the bodies of the people who do this.
(07-16-2016, 09:19 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 09:07 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Yes hello, if people could stop suiciding because they are being arrested that would be nice, thanks.

I hope you space or gib the bodies of the people who do this.

I usually put their dead bodies in the contraband crate, and label them as "WARNING: CHANGELING"
Security is feeling a lot better!
I had a changeling round yesterday where I had to actually be careful because of all the security around. Security is definitely better, though it still needs a few more people playing it.

-I say as I avoid playing security.
please put a hardcover copy of a book in the brig listing what items are actual traitor items that you can execute someone for having vs what items, while confiscatable contraband, can easily be obtained by anyone willing to do a little bit of exploring or fabricator hacking
Things like zipguns and phasers, despite being readily avaliable, are still contraband. Putting a definite label of "murder them for having this" is wrong in too many ways to list here. Confiscate the weapons and write the offender a ticket for the illegal possession of contraband or toss them in the brig for a minute. Short of a traitor being a confirmed ling or vampire, there's really no reason to kill someone as a security officer.
(08-24-2016, 03:10 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Short of a traitor being a confirmed ling or vampire, there's really no reason to kill someone as a security officer.

A changeling or vampire with traitor gear is a horrifying thought.
Traitor has an esword. Traitor is a changeling. Everyone has an esword, because the changeling is everyone.
Carrying around antag gear while not being a antag yourself might get you killed. I've been made fun of in adminhelp when I would report my deaths over such things.