Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skeleton Remains
When skeletons die, they should leave behind a buncha bones and a skull on the floor.
maybe bone could become a smelter/workbench material. could have magic enhancement/resistance properties

boiling bones also creates stock for soups, so maybe the chef could get a little mileage out of them someday, if he ever becomes able to boil things or make soups
(06-23-2016, 10:18 PM)misto Wrote: maybe bone could become a smelter/workbench material. could have magic enhancement/resistance properties

boiling bones also creates stock for soups, so maybe the chef could get a little mileage out of them someday, if he ever becomes able to boil things or make soups

I was thinking of doing something where bones or flesh could become a workbench material once put in the crusher (recycler). I might give that a go for my 2nd patch.
Oddly enough, bone is already in the code as a material.
(06-24-2016, 08:21 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Oddly enough, bone is already in the code as a material.

Then we just need to make it so you can process bones into the material, such as skulls, etc.

Edit: I was able to craft bone sheets, but they don't do anything.
Bone has the MATERIAL_ORGANIC flag, by default you can't do anything with them, you'd have to make an alloy with it, but since you can't put organic material in the smelter or auto-loom (at least, I don't think you can), you can't combine it with anything. Blob you can use because it has the MATERIAL_CRYSTAL and MATERIAL_CLOTH flags as well.
Addendum to this: Make skeletons like cyborgs, where there are 2 arms, 2 legs, a torso and the skull. Random, cartoon looking bones would just be a kinda gib like material.

The torso can be played like a xylophone by hitting it with another bone
(06-24-2016, 10:00 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Bone has the MATERIAL_ORGANIC flag, by default you can't do anything with them, you'd have to make an alloy with it, but since you can't put organic material in the smelter or auto-loom (at least, I don't think you can), you can't combine it with anything. Blob you can use because it has the MATERIAL_CRYSTAL and MATERIAL_CLOTH flags as well.

bones could be given the material_crystal flag, they are partially made up of calcium phosphate crystal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyapatite
If anything I just think the arc smelter, loom, and material recombobulator ought to all be combined into one thing that doesn't have any restrictions on what it can use. I mean surely nondescript spacefuture has the tech to manipulate materials atom by atom.
I want to be able to use the remains of my colleagues, the skeletons that is. To make borgs without metal, simple cut the skeleton out of someone and use it as a Borg frame
(06-24-2016, 10:45 PM)misto Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 10:00 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Bone has the MATERIAL_ORGANIC flag, by default you can't do anything with them, you'd have to make an alloy with it, but since you can't put organic material in the smelter or auto-loom (at least, I don't think you can), you can't combine it with anything. Blob you can use because it has the MATERIAL_CRYSTAL and MATERIAL_CLOTH flags as well.

bones could be given the material_crystal flag, they are partially made up of calcium phosphate crystal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyapatite

I believe changing it to material_crystal would just allow you to craft windows.
It would also let you stick it in the arc smelter to be combined with something else.