Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No more pods on shuttles!
You can also just make reinforced floors all the way from the nearest pod bay to escape and ride a minipod through.
(06-15-2016, 06:27 PM)MollyMillions Wrote: I was wondering about a little pod bay on the shuttle for just that reason. The shuttle is way huger than it generally needs to be.

Now that we have code for larger ships like cruisers the shuttle should be an actual spaceship that traitor pods can shoot down.
Oh yeah, I forgot about those
I'd rather it be easier for a person to take down a pod in close quarters.
(06-16-2016, 03:36 AM)Grayshift Wrote: Pods on shuttle can be fun, but actually stopping an I-pod will require an e-gun or two.

I would suggest just nerfing the drills mob damage. They do colossal damage if they catch you even once, and the fire very rapidly.

Tone it down from 1 second to crit to considerably longer. Or make it so the drills require the pod to be stationary for a moment before striking. They spawn by default in multiple locations and are a top-tier pod weapon - not just for grinding up spacemen, but for clearing out the debris field/Y-drone.

If traitors want to shuttlepod rampage, they can go buy the assault lasers from CARL.

well a lot of other mining items do unimpressive damage, often after having been abused for a while in the past, so it would be philosophically consistent to nerf the mining pod drills. but it will still be a little sad because quick thinking and weaponizing such tools is part of the joy of treachery, and part of the joy of thwarting treachery.

perhaps the i-pod could have a nerf to their movement speed? or having the heavy drills equipped slow a pod down? then it will be easier to evade them and fight back. it is not like mining pod needs good speed for its regular duties.
What if using the drills to kill people eventually junks them up with so much blood and guts until they are cleaned?
i dont know. the drills can handle viscerite just fine, blood and guts is probably only moderately gloopier

a heat/cooldown guage to discourage rapid firing the drills? a simple fire rate decrease? but those sorts of things would risk biting into its utility as a mining tool.

oh, heres an idea

maybe some kind of robotics control panel/weapons lock dealie, but for pods rather than borgs. pods made of wholly black market parts would be off the grid of course, but the panel would let the ai or station heads remotely shut down a susceptible pod, much like how they can remotely weapons lock even emagged borgs.