Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
cocaine
we need crack and cocaine 

first you would need a new crop in order to grow coca leaves which you refine into powder.  can be snorted by rolling up paper/dollar bill  and should leave a milk moustache of cocaine on your face
cocaine already kinda sorta exists in two different forms.

One is a very serious treatment of cocaine, but I've never personally seen it ever.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...r.dm#L1941

the other is a gimmick thing for macho men, and I HAVE seen it.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...n.dm#L1210
I think more drugs for the crew to do are always a great idea.
fuck yeah
(06-11-2016, 06:48 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: I think more drugs for the crew to do are always a great idea.
How about MDMA? Blocks you from using the harm intent and taking aggressive actions towards others (replacing it with hugs, friendly pats), generally acts like a stronger version of Haloperidol
I love seeing the little RSS thing popping up saying "re: cocaine".

It would be cool if this was fully implemented. More drugs!
Per the MDMA/hugs, we kinda have pure love which acts like that.
(06-11-2016, 07:46 PM)zewaka Wrote: I love seeing the little RSS thing popping up saying "re: cocaine".

It would be cool if this was fully implemented. More drugs!
Per the MDMA/hugs, we kinda have pure love which acts like that.

Maybe come up with some MDMA-related chemical reactions and use `pure love` as a component/result chemical of them?

(would it ever get triggered, though?)
http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=1499

But yeah, for sure cocaine and MDMA should be synthesized in botany. Botany should literally be the pushers of the station, and gives a new angle to botany that they already kind of have.

Ideas for cocaine:
Produced exactly like babayetu83 stated, putting coca leaf into reagent extractor makes cocaine. Addendum to the powder, rob code from salt code, pouring cocaine to the ground makes a line. Clicking the line with credits inhand will make you snort the line, which INGEST's it. Addictive.

Crank is literally crack, so perhaps mixing cocaine with sodium bicarbonate (a chemical that exists already but probably should be available on the station for hobo chemistry) would make crank. EDIT: I'm actually wrong on this, crank is impure form of meth apparently

Idea's for MDMA:
Produces pure love in your system. Causes the space drugs lights to flash on your screen, but no hallucinations. Causes you to *dance constantly (and because of pure love, hug people I think?)
That'd literally all you'd need for MDMA, but another thing that would be cool is water would act as MDMA's antihol.

EDIT: What plant would have MDMA? afaik, mdma synthesis is mostly chemical, but from reading wikipedia, it's produced from piperonal, safrole or isosafrole with safrole working essentially a precursor for insecticide and MDMA. So you could make a safrole plant, or something sci-fi-ish, that could produce insecticide (which has uses for botany anyway) and mix that insecticide with some hobo chemistry, some oil + keytone of sorts + heat which would produce MDMA. I'm skipping alot of steps, but yeah that's how it could work. Or you could make a plant that makes MDMA, but that's boooring.
Vanilla contains piperonal, Sundance. We'd want a vanilla plant, but for now the barman has it on tap at the soda machine.

Vanilla + Acetone + Formaldehyde + Ammonia