Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More drugs.
Everyone likes drugs in the game. To make them, to take them, to sell them.
So far we have:
  • Tobacco
  • Alcohol
  • THC
  • Acid
  • Psilocybin
  • Methamphetamine
  • Crank
  • Space drugs
  • Melonium
  • Cat drugs & Krokadil (do these still exist?)

I know there's probably one or two that I'm missing, it's late when i'm making this thread. It'd be cool if there were more drugs in the game. Here's what I'm a few to add to the list

Heroin
Made by messing with morphine. Could be a thing to grow in botany (poppies?) It's effects are similar to Krokadil, but without the horrible defects.

MDMA
Causes the Acid's rainbow haze effect, but none of the trip. The user constantly *dances, and *points at other players. Bee's will suddenly become your best dance partner. The comedown causes the user to pass out from exhaustion

Amphetamines
If I'm right in thinking, this already exists in vending machine, but is it possible to make via chemistry?
Possible synthesis could be tinkering with coffee, you potentially make it without chemistry access. Effects are similar to coffee, but reduces stun time a bit more. Also causes you to run very fast.

Cocaine
Could be found in Space Cola (coke-cola and all that) or produced chemistry wise. Taken via money, place cocaine on ground/table use money on drugs, snort coke. Effects include heavier punches and barely noticing punches and their stuns like being drunk. Mixing cocaine and alcohol could make you a force to be reckoned with.

And now for some other drugs..

Melange (or Spice)
THE. SPICE. MUST. FLOW.
Something that may not be synthesized, but could be bought from traders, or found in space. Gives the character TK and stun resistance, but sentences them to die a rapid and incurable death, unless more is taken. The body may not be cloned, due to suddenly rotting.

Glitter
Reference to Star Wars' Glitterstim, gives the user temporary Telepathy and Mind-reading abilities. Would be very hard/dangerous to synthesize. Something bee/honey related perhaps, seen as the original glitterstim was made from insects.

Stelazine
A drug used in Philip K Dicks novel Faith of our Fathers, a sci-fi novel. This drug is an anti-drug, it works like Calomel, but much much more rapidly. The drawback is that you become insane, you start punching everyone nearby and screaming like berserker, while vomiting blood and falling to the ground.
You can already make crank/meth/whatever

I'm not sure if tobacco is in though that would be neat.

Cigars would be kind of cool, like tgstation has. Maybe even cubans.

Chewing tobacco you can spit out onto the ground would be gross.

Also a tobacco pipe, or alternatively one you add space cleaner to and it blows bubbles.

Maybe it would be neat if security had a flask hidden somewhere, an officer could use to drink on the job.
I'm liking the flask idea, that would be cool to have.

Also add more drugs and tobacco, especially the tins.
There's also bath salts and cat drugs. And cocaine exists as an admin-spawned item. The bag you stuff your face in, then go apeshit.

Though I would like even more botany drug plants.
Conor12 Wrote:There's also bath salts and cat drugs. And cocaine exists as an admin-spawned item. The bag you stuff your face in, then go apeshit.

Though I would like even more botany drug plants.

I did mention cat drugs silly.
But I totally forgot about bath salts, that evil evil drug.

Yeah, being able to produce some more drugs in botany/outside chemistry would be pretty neat. That's why I mentioned being able to grow poppy's for morphine. You could ghetto mess with it to make heroin.
Or ghetto make amphetamines and cocaine like suggested.
Glitter could be cool as it could be synthesized through bees somehow.
if anything i'd like to see a tobacco plant for botany. for hand-rolled cigarettes, snuff (cutting it up?) and chewing tobacco, so there's not just the cigarettes in machines.
If we're going to add tobacco to botany, there should be a way to make peace pipes so that the chief elders can smoke with the syndicates after agreeing on not to kill each other.
I like this idea, the only thing I really have to add is that the withdrawl from shooting yourself up from Heroin is generally lethal without extensive help. Should pretty much be a death sentence, but you don't feel pain for its active duration (E.G Become invincible in the boxing ring untill it wears off since you can't even feel any of the shit hitting you, even if its still harming you.)
omg I really want to make melange laced food as a chef. Please yes. It'd be neat if it gave you the blue on blue eyes too (well in ss13 it's just one blue pixel anyway but WHATEVER)
Xeram Wrote:I like this idea, the only thing I really have to add is that the withdrawl from shooting yourself up from Heroin is generally lethal without extensive help. Should pretty much be a death sentence, but you don't feel pain for its active duration (E.G Become invincible in the boxing ring untill it wears off since you can't even feel any of the shit hitting you, even if its still harming you.)

Good nerds got the hookup Not true. Alcohol withdrawal after chronic abuse is much, much worse than opioid withdrawal. Heroin withdrawal makes you feel like you're dying, but alcohol withdrawal actually kills you. Alcohol withdrawal is among the worst things you can imagine.

Heroin OVERDOSES, though, those are hilariously deadly with opioids because the depressant effects can shut down your lungs and heart. The reason that's really bad should be pretty obvious.

All the sociology/psychology of addiction courses I took in college in combination with knowing several junkie friends in high school are finally coming in handy.
I seem to recall that when Crank, Krok, and its fellows were added, they were a push for more ghetto chemistry, generally requiring things that a staff/then-medical assistant could easily acquire then mix up in a maint hallway with a old Lime-aid bottle and a welder.

It's been forever since I've made any of those, though, so I'm not sure how the new chemistry/medical revamp has affected those.

As for opiates from botany, you already can get them. Try mutating some Venne and see what you get.
Do you actually have to mutate it yourself or does it mutate on its own like synthmeat does?
It probably does like synthmeath, but not as crazily. It's a standard, random mutation you can get by planting seeds repeatedly just like butts and brains.
Having drugs on the game? I have never tried that one. I doubt I would want to try. I would prefer having them for real lol Either way, thanks for sharing! Keep updated!
(07-14-2016, 01:02 AM)skywritingservice Wrote: Having drugs on the game? I have never tried that one. I doubt I would want to try. I would prefer having them for real lol Either way, thanks for sharing! Keep updated!

Wat?

This is a 3 years old thread.