Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[FEATURE] Traitor Vision Cybereyes
The mindslave implants cannot be re-used when cut out of someone, thats why I'm suggesting to do the same here to prevent unfunny HoS or security players from obtaining one and abusing it.
(06-04-2016, 10:44 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: The mindslave implants cannot be re-used when cut out of someone, thats why I'm suggesting to do the same here to prevent unfunny HoS or security players from obtaining one and abusing it.

Oh, I thought you meant that I should make the eyeballs explode when extracted from someone.

I'm on the fence about making it one use only.

While you bring up a valid point, I don't think that scenario would really come up often enough to worry about. There's no indicator, visual or otherwise, that someone is equipped with the eye, so it's unlikely that the security officers would even think to check.

Plus, I think it'd be rather hilarious for the chaplain to pick up one of these cybereyes from the remains of a bible fart and then go around urging the importance of repentance and gesticulating wildly at the "sinners."
(06-04-2016, 04:08 AM)medsal15 Wrote: *Uses eyes* *kills other traitor* *steals PDA* *realizes he doesn't know the code to unlock it* *screams*

I think it'd be more like:

*Uses eyes* *kills other traitors* *steals the gear they already got* *goes on the hundredth rampage* *screams*

I just don't see it turning into teamwork time, more like murder time.
(06-04-2016, 12:38 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 04:08 AM)medsal15 Wrote: *Uses eyes* *kills other traitor* *steals PDA* *realizes he doesn't know the code to unlock it* *screams*

I think it'd be more like:

*Uses eyes* *kills other traitors* *steals the gear they already got* *goes on the hundredth rampage* *screams*

I just don't see it turning into teamwork time, more like murder time.

There's only so much that one person can do, regardless of the number of weapons they have.

This wasn't necessarily true back when cloakers were still ridiculously overpowered, but nowadays, a security team can take care of most lone assailants pretty handily.

I suppose the only real way to know what sort of behavior these eyes incite would be to implement them and see what happens. If it adds a new teamwork-based dynamic to traitoring, then great, mission accomplished. If it turns out that traitor vision makes everyone into homicidal maniacs, then the eyes can easily be removed after a couple weeks of testing.
(06-04-2016, 10:13 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 08:31 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: I'd suggest making the eyes self destruct when someone pulls them out, ala implants.

Do any implants actually self-destruct upon surgical removal?

I know temporary mindslave implants will expire when removed, but I couldn't find any examples in the code of implants actually destroying themselves upon removal.

Maybe something like this?

Code:
proc/on_remove(var/mob/M)
    playsound(src.loc, src.sound_armed, 75,1, -3)
    explosion_new(src, T, 1.7*(.+1),2)
    src.owner = NULL

Or whatever would actually work... Never worked with that code myself so my word is as good as that of any non-educated fool here. Basically, proc/on remove will cover that part of the problem where you need shit done when it gets removed. The blow up part I imagine to be a whole lot easier to scavenge for code parts, considering how many things explode on SS13.
One of the things justifying the low cost in the thread was that it didn't show traitors unless they weren't wearing masks. That, along with the fact that it's hard to put them in yourself without getting caught.
(06-07-2016, 10:54 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: One of the things justifying the low cost in the thread was that it didn't show traitors unless they weren't wearing masks. That, along with the fact that it's hard to put them in yourself without getting caught.

I think it's kinda useless to only have it identify people if they aren't wearing masks.

What good (well, effective) traitor doesn't constantly wear a mask?
(06-07-2016, 11:02 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 10:54 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: One of the things justifying the low cost in the thread was that it didn't show traitors unless they weren't wearing masks. That, along with the fact that it's hard to put them in yourself without getting caught.

I think it's kinda useless to only have it identify people if they aren't wearing masks.

What good (well, effective) traitor doesn't constantly wear a mask?
That's why it was 2tc
Stupid suggestion: Getting hit with an emp grenade either causes blindness or your head to explode.

Even if someone is murdering with one of these implants, another tator can quickly disable it with a well timed emp explosion.
(06-23-2016, 11:34 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: Stupid suggestion: Getting hit with an emp grenade either causes blindness or your head to explode.

Even if someone is murdering with one of these implants, another tator can quickly disable it with a well timed emp explosion.

That's genius.

I'll add this in some form as soon as I can find the time to stop working on the borg revamp.
i dunno i felt like it was discussed in here