Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[FEATURE] Traitor Vision Cybereyes
As suggested in this thread, I made a set of cybereyes that lets traitors see other traitors. It can be ordered from a PDA uplink for four telecrystals.

Here's the patch:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s?expand=1
Uh, no offense but this doesn't seem like the best idea... (especially with the cost)

This just seems like an excuse for traitors to kill all the other antags to get gear for their rampage.
(06-03-2016, 12:48 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Uh, no offense but this doesn't seem like the best idea... (especially with the cost)

I'm open to suggestions on the cost.

(06-03-2016, 12:48 PM)69andahalf Wrote: This just seems like an excuse for traitors to kill all the other antags to get gear for their rampage.

I feel that, while rampages are a possibility, implementing these eyes would more likely result in an increased level of team work among traitors. That's part of the reason the box comes with two eyes, so you can share them with someone else.
I feel like traitors would find teaming up to be worth it. Power in numbers, and everything. Maybe there could be conditions to not kill other known operatives, even, just to be sure?

Either way, I feel like the cost is a bit too low.
(06-03-2016, 12:54 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: I feel like traitors would find teaming up to be worth it. Power in numbers, and everything. Maybe there could be conditions to not kill other known operatives, even, just to be sure?

Either way, I feel like the cost is a bit too low.

Well, what do you think would be a good price point?
3 or 4, maybe even 5, but that could be pushing it.
(06-03-2016, 01:00 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: 3 or 4, maybe even 5, but that could be pushing it.

4 sounds like a good number, as that would make each eye worth 2 crystals.
(06-03-2016, 01:03 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 01:00 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: 3 or 4, maybe even 5, but that could be pushing it.

How it could work is that while it costs 4 tc's it can be shared (i.e: You only need the one eye, but it comes with two + you can't buy them separately). That way it would encourage teaming up.
(06-03-2016, 07:12 PM)Sundance Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 01:03 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

How it could work is that while it costs 4 tc's it can be shared (i.e: You only need the one eye, but it comes with two + you can't buy them separately). That way it would encourage teaming up.

Yeah, I already changed it to 4 telecrystals.
4-5 TC sounds right to me.

You either use it to kill another traitor and increase your own firepower with their items, or form a team up and spread that firepower out in unified effort.

Both situations are equally powerful.
Can't wait to see HoS hunting for tators at roundstart to get one of these.
*Uses eyes* *kills other traitor* *steals PDA* *realizes he doesn't know the code to unlock it* *screams*
(06-04-2016, 01:27 AM)Naximous Wrote: Can't wait to see HoS hunting for tators at roundstart to get one of these.

That seems more like something the detective would do than the HoS.
I'd suggest making the eyes self destruct when someone pulls them out, ala implants.
(06-04-2016, 08:31 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: I'd suggest making the eyes self destruct when someone pulls them out, ala implants.

Do any implants actually self-destruct upon surgical removal?

I know temporary mindslave implants will expire when removed, but I couldn't find any examples in the code of implants actually destroying themselves upon removal.