Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow People to re-enter the arrivals shuttle
Changelings, blobs, even the occasional traitor, will sit on the arrival shuttle and kill people on Cogmap2. I've even had changelings run to arrivals to neurotoxin and absorb me because my name popped up on the arrival message.
The general arrivals area tends to get fucked over more in Cog2 than previous maps due to it being less isolated. But yes, antags will 100% camp/otherwise render the arrivals shuttle uninhabitable. I've been immediately fireballed and assaulted by golems upon spawning on several occasions, and recently there was a round where a mechanic set up cloaked crushers in the shuttle when no admins were on. (Largely because of that fact, no doubt. Yes this was adminhelped multiple times over the course of the round, to no avail.)

I dunno if much can be done about blobs, any blob spawning in that quadrant kind of has to take over most of arrivals by nature. Expanding directly onto the shuttle is definitely a crappy move, though.
I feel like the shuttle sanctuary is a bit of a stopgap measure.
If people are really intent on messing with new arrivals, they'll find a way to do it one way or another. What the sanctuary does is stop you from immediately dying.

Blobs can still effectively block you out from leaving the sanctuary.
Lings can just wall up one end and funnel people towards him/her.
Crushers can be set up invisible just a few steps off the shuttle.
Fires can still be set in a way that doesn't allow you to leave.
You can expose to vacuum both exits to suffocate/slow down anyone leaving for easy killings.

Having a sanctuary is a nice thing that inconveniences them, but shitlers who go out of their way to mess with new arrivals is the crux of the matter.
All of the possible issues have been resolved.