Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mime
(05-09-2016, 06:32 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: If anything I'd like to make the blue clown standard and have a red vs blue scenario.

Is it bad that I want to see spy mode come back just so this could turn into hilarious spy vs spy shenanigans?
(05-09-2016, 06:32 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I'm not really down with full time mimes. A flavor job or costume in a crate (As Arborinus suggested) I'm down with, but I'd have to see more testing to see how annoying our playerbase is with miming.

I've been fiddling around with a mime custom job for the last week and people have been pretty fun with it.
Oooh I rather did like the idea of a traitor mime with invisible c-sabers. I know thats not where this thread was going with this but judging by the above post, the mime has been implemented already on a trial basis.

So, heres my 2 cents - a mime exclusive traitor item - Cloak Sticker. Stick it onto an existing item to make the item invisible to others - note that the item isnt actually invisible, rather the item doesnt show its sprites when held. (hold the weapon in plain sight but nobody sees the item) The item sprite remains visible if the item is in your hand/pack/ on the floor.
Why can't we just have a fun and different job or role to play without having to bog it down with a million custom traitor items before it's even in the game. Sad eng101
Just give it a reskinned clown car that's totally silent. Make it cost an extra telecrystal to compensate.
give the mime a silent unicycle, and if others push him off and try to ride it they have a 50/50 chance to fall off and hurt their head

the mimes traitor item is a nearly identical silent unicycle, but if others push him off and try to ride it they have a 50/50 chance to fall off and BREAK THEIR FUCKIN NECK
(05-10-2016, 12:01 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Why can't we just have a fun and different job or role to play without having to bog it down with a million custom traitor items before it's even in the game. Sad eng101
(05-10-2016, 05:02 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 12:01 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Why can't we just have a fun and different job or role to play without having to bog it down with a million custom traitor items before it's even in the game. Sad eng101
Mimes are cool. Farts should be silent and as a compensation for clowns for falling over all the time, a mime should be mute. Removing your clown shoes or a mime breaking his silence should cause an angry mob after you, depending on the situation, excluding emergencies.

A mime (maybe clown?) should have a traitor weapon called invisible paint. It could literally make anything invisible. Coat it on people, or your self, when you want to sneak around. Coat it on the floor to see space, to scare people. Maybe it should be a rare item.

Another item should be called the mime gloves. By default a mime has white gloves and can make walls for a tiny fraction of time to be annoying, but a traitor mime should have a item that allows them to emote different weapons, such as a blunt object. It would be silent too, but be expensive, as it is multipurpose like a wrestling belt.
This is a game like dwarf fortress. It has a bazillion features, and all of them started with the seed of an idea. More is more, and every good thing started with a "Hey this sounds like it could be cool..." For every feature in game, a dozen or likely many more were suggested and didn't make it. Even good ideas don't make it in game because they have to be coded and functional.

So, this is the place where anyone can post their few cents, you too of course smile. However since this is the place where seeds are sown, and most wont make it anyway - lets not snuff any at this stage. Some may grow into neat comedy gold.
MIME SWORD

that is all