Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mime
Music 
[Image: yqZUnyX.png]

I booted up a local /tg/ server the other day and it reminded me that mimes are neat. Then I made some mime sprites!

I think it'd be neat if we had a mime job too. I figure they'd spawn in the clown cupboard with:

Head: Beret or bowler hat
Mask: Mime mask
Headset: Civilian headset
Overcoat: Suspenders or scarf
Jumpsuit: Classic mime jumpsuit or Mime dungarees
Gloves: Latex gloves
Shoes: Black shoe
1st Pocket: White crayon
2nd Pocket: Sheet of paper
Bio Effect: Mute

I made 2 jumpsuits, hats and overcoat items, so they could spawn in either randomly or just have both kinds in a locker somewhere.

Sprite sheet:
[Image: FlH1FRz.png]

:filez:  DMI files: puu.sh/oKZfW/7ef7bdfc20.rar :filez:
does mime have the power to make a completely silent, completely invisible forcefield wall
This is gonna be fun. get in not go out
Oh dear. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that an admin made this, there'd be a knee-jerk reaction against the mime due to essentially being a questionable feature from another code-base.
Does farting count as a breach of the mime's code of silence?
(05-08-2016, 02:40 PM)misto Wrote: does mime have the power to make a completely silent, completely invisible forcefield wall

If the mime gets a traitor weapon, I kinda want it to be a surplus crate kinda thing where the mime gets an existing traitor item but with the advantage that the sprite everyone else sees is invisible. Maybe not like an invisible wrestle belt, but like a cyalume saber or shotgun.

Also

I'm pretty sure if the mime farts, it's gotta be silent but deadly.
(05-08-2016, 02:40 PM)misto Wrote: does mime have the power to make a completely silent, completely invisible forcefield wall

I think they do in other codebases, but I don't know if we need 'em to have any special abilities. Being mute is it's own unique quirk.

(05-08-2016, 02:55 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Oh dear. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that an admin made this, there'd be a knee-jerk reaction against the mime due to essentially being a questionable feature from another code-base.

I guess? I know they exist elsewhere, but they're fun. We've done our own version of plenty of existing features from other servers.

(05-08-2016, 03:00 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Does farting count as a breach of the mime's code of silence?

In a perfect world, all of their emotes would be silent too.
Where's the mummenschanz, Gannet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5c4jjwanY
I'm down with it. The rivalry/camaraderie between clown and mime on other servers is always entertaining. At the very least, the outfit could be publicly available somewhere for someone to don should they want to
As an avid clown player, I must protest.

Maybe as a job of the day or a costume in a crate somewhere, but not as its own persistent job. We're stepping into the clowns territory.

At least have the mime spawn in its own separate invisible room. That always bugged me on /tg/.
Yes!!!
(05-08-2016, 03:57 PM)Arborinus Wrote: As an avid clown player, I must protest.

Maybe as a job of the day or a costume in a crate somewhere, but not as its own persistent job. We're stepping into the clowns territory.

At least have the mime spawn in its own separate invisible room. That always bugged me on /tg/.

Yes

Does gooncode even have invisible walls and tiles. This could be funny if the mime steps into his invisible office only to die of air loss because someone blew an invisible hole in the floor.
Traitor weapons should be invisible walls, finger guns... Actually the traitor item should be the mask of the silent ones(name is a work in progress), It grants you the almighty power of the supreme mimes, aka, you get to do all sorts of crazy mime shit, it's indistinguishable from the standard mime mask except the eyes are red.
Hotkey mode enabled.

R

John Doe tries to flip, but hits an invisible wall and falls down on his back. Ouch!
I'm not really down with full time mimes. A flavor job or costume in a crate (As Arborinus suggested) I'm down with, but I'd have to see more testing to see how annoying our playerbase is with miming.

If anything I'd like to make the blue clown standard and have a red vs blue scenario.