Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation is a meme-free zone
Can we at least post pepes still?  Or Wojacks?
No pepes. They're too rare
Literally policing words you don't like, even more than you do already

It's your server so you're allowed to do what you want, just saying it'd do everyone here a lot of good to step back and reflect if banning people for using the meme of the day is worth it as the server lays on the knife's edge of underpopulation and obscurity.

'Cause I in my infinite wisdom don't think it's gonna lead to good things
(05-12-2016, 11:18 PM)shadowdimentio Wrote: Literally policing words you don't like, even more than you do already

It's your server so you're allowed to do what you want, just saying it'd do everyone here a lot of good to step back and reflect if banning people for using the meme of the day is worth it as the server lays on the knife's edge of underpopulation and obscurity.

They never said anything about banning. Just that they would gib the person saying cuck and ask them to stop. Me personally when I see someone yelling memes for no reason in the game I just beat them up and tell them to stop. Plus it's been a warning in the rules for ages now that people and admins may just murder you for saying memes. I think cracking down on memes is a good thing cause there is no reason anyone should be saying these memes outside of the sites said memes come from.
The opening post, and I quote "if you think this is unfair of me, please fuck completely off at your very earliest opportunity" certainly made it seem that if you were memeing and an admin gibbed and yelled at you to stop and you didn't immediately grovel to them that you'd get banned.
(05-13-2016, 09:51 AM)shadowdimentio Wrote: The opening post, and I quote "if you think this is unfair of me, please fuck completely off at your very earliest opportunity" certainly made it seem that if you were memeing and an admin gibbed and yelled at you to stop and you didn't immediately grovel to them that you'd get banned.

Well if a admin tells you not to do something and you tell them to fuck off I would imagine you would receive a worse punishment. Besides if people can't go a hour without saying a meme then they have it coming to them.
(05-12-2016, 11:18 PM)shadowdimentio Wrote: Literally policing words you don't like, even more than you do already

Yeah, we also limit our userbase by having insane unreasonable rules against rape jokes, racism, and typefucking.  If you don't like it, hit the bricks.

I mean I hate to be a hardass about this, but the main thing that sets us apart from the umpty-ump different servers out there is our community.  Maintaining that community takes a little management once in a while, like 'come the fuck on no ERP' 'in the name of all that is holy i can not believe we actually have to tell you not to use slurs' 'no, i am sorry, you have been misinformed, rape is not funny, not even if you are raping the clown'.

If not using a really aggravating meme that has sexual connotations, on a server where sexual connotations and memes aren't welcome, seriously causes a problem for you, then i wish you every happiness with finding another server.
You uh, seem to be a bit out of touch there on why people come to play on Goon

Politely speaking from personal experience I know that the reason I came here wasn't the community-- in fact it grated on me more than anything, rather I both came and stayed because the gameplay was refreshingly different from other servers and left to go back to /TG/ once the novelty wore off.

This isn't to say my stay was entirely unpleasant around the community, I found the security policy and many of the players to be a joy around, in addition to the gameplay. Good times were had. But, the community and especially the admin team's attitude of "if you don't like it leave" is frankly extremely toxic and really makes it seem to the layman like you readily hand our permabans to anyone who dares break sharia law by questioning your sacred rules, which is precisely the reason why so much of the SS13 community hates this place

Basically, stop faking that you hate being a hardass about your language rules and relax, and maybe the community will grow
If you seriously think this then I think goonstation would be a better place without you honestly.
Lemme break this down into what I saw as I read this.

(05-13-2016, 09:39 PM)shadowdimentio Wrote: You uh, seem to be a bit out of touch there on why people come to play on Goon

"I know better than you, one of the older and more active/involved people in this community and I speak for everyone because my word is truth."

(05-13-2016, 09:39 PM)shadowdimentio Wrote: Politely speaking from personal experience I know that the reason I came here wasn't the community-- in fact it grated on me more than anything, rather I both came and stayed because the gameplay was refreshingly different from other servers and left to go back to /TG/ once the novelty wore off.

"I'm going to preface this with politely to seem superior while I offhandedly insult something at some point. An admin said I couldn't use racist words so the community is bad even though I enjoyed that the server was more played like an actual game instead of some RP engine then left back once I got grumped at by an admin or something. I no longer play here but I'm going to whine about your rules anyway."

(05-13-2016, 09:39 PM)shadowdimentio Wrote: This isn't to say my stay was entirely unpleasant around the community, I found the security policy and many of the players to be a joy around, in addition to the gameplay. Good times were had. But, the community and especially the admin team's attitude of "if you don't like it leave" is frankly extremely toxic and really makes it seem to the layman like you readily hand our permabans to anyone who dares break sharia law by questioning your sacred rules, which is precisely the reason why so much of the SS13 community hates this place

"I liked pretty much every important aspect of this place, but due to everyone's unwillingness to abide by me being a racist twat/something else stupid that is really easily avoidable by not breaking the very lenient rules in this one particular place, because I apparently struggle with the impulse to behave inappropriately in all social situations, made it bad. Therefore you are at fault, you are toxic, and your rules are incredibly strict because I have no impulse control over my fingers and I, of course, still speak for everyone ever in that everyone hates you because my words are truth."

(05-13-2016, 09:39 PM)shadowdimentio Wrote: Basically, stop faking that you hate being a hardass about your language rules and relax, and maybe the community will grow

"Clearly you enjoy banning people forever with no hope of appealing ever despite there being an unban forum within a few clicks of this page because they broke one of your several incredibly strict, facist language controlling rules and because of this your community is dying."

To be short, fuck off if you really can't handle being a racist, /b/tard, or rapist in one place. As far as people are concerned, quality over quantity by a longshot.
I absolutely play here for the community
I don't play on other servers for the same reason I don't play recently released ftpmmos anymore. The rules filter out people I wouldn't like anyways and that keeps this rigid, fun hating asshole happy.

Get off ma' lawn, damned kids! :freep:
more of a low-memes environment, occasionally an old-memes environment, than meme-free
Nice try but permabans are actually pretty rare and I can count the ones I've seen that weren't 'this is to make you post an appeal so we can talk about it on the forums since you refused to talk in game' without running out of fingers in the last year.

So let me get this straight. You don't play on goon station anymore, right? Simple question, yes or no.
(05-13-2016, 09:39 PM)shadowdimentio Wrote: You uh, seem to be a bit out of touch there on why people come to play on Goon

Politely speaking from personal experience I know that the reason I came here wasn't the community-- in fact it grated on me more than anything, rather I both came and stayed because the gameplay was refreshingly different from other servers and left to go back to /TG/ once the novelty wore off.

This isn't to say my stay was entirely unpleasant around the community, I found the security policy and many of the players to be a joy around, in addition to the gameplay. Good times were had. But, the community and especially the admin team's attitude of "if you don't like it leave" is frankly extremely toxic and really makes it seem to the layman like you readily hand our permabans to anyone who dares break sharia law by questioning your sacred rules, which is precisely the reason why so much of the SS13 community hates this place

Basically, stop faking that you hate being a hardass about your language rules and relax, and maybe the community will grow

You wrote all of this just to defend meme-speak? The worst part about this paragraph is that it is written reasonably well using the English language. Clearly you are capable of expressing an original thought using such language, yet you would apparently prefer otherwise? 

The real annoyance about you people is you think your edgy attitude is original, yet every 14 year old using a tablet to browse the chans thinks the same thing. It's always fun when some meme-drone comes on the server and says the usual itinerary of garbage and gets gibbed. It reminds me why I love playing here.

Edit: just read this thread: http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6253 This nerd thinks he's on the forefront of the internet. Keep defending this.

I honestly think I respect ERP more than /b/tards.