Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation is a meme-free zone
(04-30-2016, 02:30 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 02:12 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: My apologies I did not mean to come off like that, but you could have found out what it meant easily before posting and would have understand why many of us are sick of it and why many of us feels it falls under the "no 'creepy'/sexually rule"

i understand now

like what are people doing with it? are people being called out as being one? is it some kind of weird non-sense insult?

For some reason it's replaced "beta" as the go to phase shitty dudes say to other dudes to demean them
the word cuck is the absolute worst buzzword of our time. Considering that a large amount of players come from sites like 4chan,8chan, Reddit, etc, it's inevitable people will say shit like that or hell they'll  even >/greentext in-game which is fucking stupid. Or whatever site means exist on reddit. Im glad you guys are cracking down on this shit.
Can I directly talk about how much I love memes without using memes?
Goonstation is a meme-free zone. The end.  I don't want to see memes, or discussion of memes, or bizarre constructs of words that read out as memes if you rearrange them to a more sensible format, or any of that shit.

If in game, you find yourself hollering I PROMISE NOT TO SAY THAT AGAIN without typing it in, then it is most likely me or another admin giving you a not so subtle hint that you fucked up and shouldn't do it again.  I did this four times yesterday in a SINGLE ROUND because dipshits couldn't keep from bringing their garbage words here.

edit to add: i mean don't get me wrong i'm not the TASTE POLICE or anything, if you really enjoy using those words, then I wish you every happiness in using them other places.  We just do not want them here.  I really like bourbon, but you won't see me slugging back a glass at parent teacher night, because that's not the place for it.
To me, this all just feels uncannily similar to the old anime ban.
im one of the more lenient admins and i will pop all your limbs off if you refuse to stop saying cuck.

i dont hate cuck cus its sexual, i hate cuck because its just more regurgitated nonsense that people spew in a desperate bid to display how hip and cool they are. Im with it gang! cuck! This fucking cuck thing has been going for like 2 years now and i've been around it the entire goddamn time. You get tired of this sort of thing when the internet keeps minting and pressing the exact same person saying the exact same things over and over again, its like getting fed up with a specific person's shit, and the fact that you terrible jerks just can't fucking stop saying a word when asked to.

now give me a hug
Honestly yeah, people were being annoying shitheads with [anime|memes] so [anime|memes] were banned because no matter how much fun the person spewing [anime|memes] is having, everyone around them sort of hopes they would implode.

It all falls under 'please, for the love of god, don't be an annoying asshole'.  Once in a while we have to be more direct about it.

Once in a while isn't the issue.  THe problem is that the people who are into it, are REALLY INTO IT, and can't go five minutes without jabbering someone horrible about [anime|memes] to the point where any mention of [anime|memes] is just one more drop in the flood, so FINE FUCK YOU NO MORE [anime|memes].

The lesson here is that if people act like jackasses and run ANYTHING into the ground, that whatever it is will not be welcome here, because saying NO MORE [anime|memes] is something we can actually DO, whereas trying to convince the [anime|memes] fanatic to shut the fuck up about [anime|memes] once in a while is a losing proposition.

edit to add: a flowchart of every single fucking time i have talked to someone who won't shut up about the topic du jour.

me: can you please shut the fuck up about [anime|memes|cartoon horses|whatever]
them: lol calm down it's just [anime|memes|cartoon horses|whatever]
me: yes i know but it's been driven so far into the ground there's a new mountain in china, we're all extremely sick of it so please shut the fuck up about [anime|memes|cartoon horses|whatever]
them: whta are you some kind of FUNHATER i have FIRST AMEDNMENT RIHGTS
me: okay one, we are not the government, so the first amendment doesn't apply here, two, my job is to keep this place as fun as i can for as many people as i can, and a looooot of people are getting really fucking sick of [anime|memes|cartoon horses|whatever] so let me stop being nice about this for a minute and just tell you that if you don't shut the fuck up about [anime|memes|cartoon horses|whatever] i am going to mute you and/or ban you
them, possible outcome A: FUCK YOU YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD NO MODS NO MASTERS 4CHAN FOR LIFE *banned*
them, possible outcome B: ugh okay fine  *time passes* them says, [147.9] "[anime|memes|cartoon horses|whatever]" *banned* *posts an appeal four nanoseconds later screaming about how they didn't get a warning, then when the screenshot of the warning they were given is provided, screams about first amendment rights, then when it is pointed out to them that they are a moron, screams about how we're all a bunch of $slur and they promise to engage in sexual congress with our grandmothers, then asks for an unban, then when they are told to get lost, they post a thread on 4chan about how they were just trying to be a reasonable adult and we screamed at them, by the way let's doxx them for kicks*
I've seen more goonstation hate on reddit then 4chan lately. BUT WAY TO GO GUYS YOU GOT ~UGUU~ banned.
ayyy who would've thought Goon still has the same reputation. Also this is a thread from /v/ on saying cuck.
[Image: JrHb7hP.jpg][Image: bct1cK5.png]
I honestly hate the SS13 community as a whole because of people like this being in it.
We're either immature kids who still giggle at farts and puke or people who are old and stiff and hate fun. Either way we're all part of the goonluminati global agenda.

I'm initiating the secret handshake...

Respek

Phase One Complete.
(04-30-2016, 02:46 PM)TheTrixRabitt Wrote: ayyy who would've thought Goon still has the same reputation. Also this is a thread from /v/ on saying cuck.
-4chan-
I honestly hate the SS13 community as a whole because of people like this being in it.

Yeah, this rule is ultimately a good idea. It's just an extension of the rules over not being an asshole.

I was mainly just questioning it because of vastly broad the definition of a meme is. Calling the captain a nerd could be considered a meme, for example. In their simplest form, memes are just very broad in-jokes.

(04-30-2016, 03:20 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: We're either immature kids who still giggle at farts and puke or people who are old and stiff and hate fun. Either way we're all part of the goonluminati global agenda.

I'm initiating the secret handshake...

Respek

Phase One Complete.

Phase Two: Indoctrination.

Hail Goon!

Phase Two: Complete.
(04-30-2016, 03:32 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Yeah, this rule is ultimately a good idea. It's just an extension of the rules over not being an asshole.

I was mainly just questioning it because of vastly broad the definition of a meme is. Calling the captain a nerd could be considered a meme, for example. In their simplest form, memes are just very broad in-jokes.

Technically anything and everything is a meme but I think the main point of this thread that Popecrunch is trying to get across is that people are sick of the cuck meme being used in space station and that asking people nicely to stop saying it has done fuck all so now he is letting people know that if he sees you doing it you will be punished. I don't think any admin will give you shit for calling someone a nerd or randomly saying honk. I still think the rules regarding this should be rewritten to a degree cause I am already seeing some people worrying about what they can and can't say.
Yeah the cuck thing will get you screamed at at MINIMUM and more likely gibbed. Other obvious 4chanisms like hurdur mfw will get you mocked and the like. Cuck is the only one I'll probably straight detonate you for but please don't go out of your way to test this.
who the fuck cares what reddit thinks
they can say what they will, we ain't the ones that were doing creepshots and jailbait
(04-30-2016, 05:44 PM)popecrunch Wrote: Yeah the cuck thing will get you screamed at at MINIMUM and more likely gibbed.  Other obvious 4chanisms like hurdur mfw will get you mocked and the like.  Cuck is the only one I'll probably straight detonate you for but please don't go out of your way to test this.

So basically, this thread boils down to, people who say/call people cuck in a serious manner or name their character it, are to be reported and probably immediately beaten to death.