Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[Feature] Agents Gamemode
Quote:It would need some way to discourage murdering innocents.
Pretty much this. Unfortunately, with my limited knowledge on how byond works, I don't think there is a feasible way to code whether or not you've killed your target or an innocent, it just checks whether the target is dead or not, by your hands or not.

My suggestion would be this:

1. Let your first target be an agent. I would suggest that your aim is to kill one other agent.

2. Let your second target be an someone that is not an agent. 
This way it's still justified for security/whoever to book your ass and not instantly assume that the people you are killing are bad guys.

3. Let your 3rd target not be an assassination but a protect target, make sure this specific target survives. 
This should be done in a manner where your guy would be targeted by another agent as per their second target. Also it would be interesting if there's a small chance that you need to protect another agent (which in turn might be trying to assassinate YOU)

4. You get a pinpointer that would track both your non-agent target and your protect target. 
This has an added effect that you could kill the agent that murdered your protect target, take his pinpointer and find out where his corpse is at

5. Let your gun be named after you. "Sundance's trusty shotgun", etc. 
This way it would be wise to not pull out your gun and shoot it in a crowd of people because it screams AGENT and you will more than likely be targeted by other agents that would find your weaponry handy for finishing their objectives. 

This makes is balanced in a way that's there's so much backstabbing and underhandedness going in it's not going to be a cakewalk for your average agent.
Yes, excellent ideas. You've done it again, Sundance!
(04-27-2016, 05:09 AM)Sundance Wrote:
Quote:It would need some way to discourage murdering innocents.
Pretty much this. Unfortunately, with my limited knowledge on how byond works, I don't think there is a feasible way to code whether or not you've killed your target or an innocent, it just checks whether the target is dead or not, by your hands or not.

WORDS
As regards innocents, you could probably check for the proper mind.

Granted, that code is an unholy abomination, and I have no idea how it works, but it's definitely feasible, if not necessarily enjoyable.

The rest of the suggestion is great.
The problem with a "protect Joe McPubby" objective is, what if Joe McPubby decides to suicide at round start? Kinda lame to lose an objective over that, though I guess it doesn't end the round or anything for the agent.

Also, I would suggest making the agents a little more...special? Right now they're just regular dudes and we already have that with traitors and syndies. Give them some kind of special ability outside of a gun so they have a little more special flavor.
There was an idea I read once in regards to Spy mode, where they suggested Spies should just be antagonists with the ability to make mundane actions extraordinary.

Stuff like being able to flip over tables, flip to dodge projectiles, turn regular pens into deadly knives, pick out of cuffs with ease. Regular old James Bond/Black Widow super moves.

Maybe use that idea on Agents, since this seems to be a spy successor?
(05-01-2016, 03:33 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: There was an idea I read once in regards to Spy mode, where they suggested Spies should just be antagonists with the ability to make mundane actions extraordinary.

Stuff like being able to flip over tables, flip to dodge projectiles, turn regular pens into deadly knives, pick out of cuffs with ease. Regular old James Bond/Black Widow super moves.

Maybe use that idea on Agents, since this seems to be a spy successor?

Sounds good, let's all be super secret agents.
ye just lacking in general