Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Makeshift weapons
we dont have wooden bats. we could have boards with a nail in them, wood plank +rods
I only want to equip boxing gloves and pies to arrows.

Also make apples into hats so we can shoot them off people's heads, with drunkenness increasing the chance that you accidentally shoot someone in the face with an arrow.

My other suggestion which TG already has is Bolas. Because you could throw them at people to make them trip, accidentally hitting the wrong person and getting arrested for throwing one at the HOS.

Since using items that already exist would be preferable.

Cable coil + rocks = bola.

You can already get rocks from mining and a brave member of the crew could just collect a bunch via space trip, and then come back throwing bolas at everything.

Now that I think about it, if cable coil is a replacement for all kinds of rope, Slingshots made out of rods and cable coil that shoot rocks could be fun.
What I want is to be able to load implants into a zip gun.
(08-17-2016, 11:41 AM)BBEG Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 09:46 AM)misto Wrote: i dont see why the cannon would be secret, its a tube of metal (probably a welded shut disposal pipe section) shooting something heavy as ammo. even the blackpowder for it isn't a secret recipe.

as for an improved zipgun, the zipgun's bad ammo capacity seems to be one of its major balancing factors. i doubt this will get anywhere.

the other balancing factor is that it can break down or explode also i had an idea for two more make shift weapon's
  • makeshift shotgun - holds 1 round and may misfire but you can add up to 3 extra barrels needs a wooden stock,staple gun,pipe and a welder to put it all together
  • Thermite Launcher - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEoqrjFX1y I don't know how you would build it but it's to awesome to not be added
  • spiked baseball bat - rods + bat = spiked bat
  • Bow and arrow - bow is made with wood and some thread arrow's are made with wood and glass plus you can equip certain things to the arrow like pipe bombs

zip guns issue i find is not that it falls apart (considerin i made far better things with basic hand tools IRL i can tell ya a properly made zip gun (often a oneshooter) works without failure (unless ya count ammo fail)) but game version blows up like a friggin pipe bomb if not stronger! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV-udoKiFU an example of a "toy" pistol (not a zipgun) which is more assembled than actually made... (with a wery slight modification that would be a smg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXpJYNQJAcQ we could also add this a slow re-loading but "hi capacity" shotgun, but i love the upgradable (up to quad barrel) shotgun, which can have a fast fire rate but takes a while to full reload! (when i was li'l people made (often) one-shooters from seamless steel radiator pipes (unless they had a flare gun which used same cartridge as in shotguns) they were usually break-open designs, or slide-open designs...altho blow forward designs werent rare either (which were the simplest and sturdiest to make)

Baseball bat, tomahawk (the is a tomahawk and a pipe version of it on some servers, altho i would rather use a pipe for the handle than the wrench!) sword are nice idea!
As for arrows i think we can make them at the workbench right now but i cant find from what to shoot them!

Also i think a pen gun could be added as a safe version of the zip gun (as it would be a oneshooter that shoots pistol ammo only)

(08-18-2016, 12:26 AM)Grek Wrote: What I want is to be able to load implants into a zip gun.

we already have implant guns... and considering the game version of a zip gun blows up like a bomb i wouldnt reccomend it even as the alternative!
(08-18-2016, 10:50 AM)Vuk Farkas Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 12:26 AM)Grek Wrote: What I want is to be able to load implants into a zip gun.

we already have implant guns... and considering the game version of a zip gun blows up like a bomb i wouldnt reccomend it even as the alternative!

We have a tradition of hilariously impractical weapons. This is one of them.
I'd support new kinds of zip guns if their ammo was limited to what you built. 

They're supposed to kinda suck though for balancing. 

A shotgun should be like, one shot. 
A machine gun could work if there was a huge drop off in damage at a distance or the barrels could blow out
(08-18-2016, 11:14 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'd support new kinds of zip guns if their ammo was limited to what you built. 

They're supposed to kinda suck though for balancing. 

A shotgun should be like, one shot. 
A machine gun could work if there was a huge drop off in damage at a distance or the barrels could blow out

they way i see balancing zip guns is keep them 2 shot and replace the chance to explode with a chance to misfire and make it only use pistol ammo

shotguns were already discussed above

and machine guns could both have complex recipe at least 8 things to put together and have a chance to jam that you have to take a few seconds to clear
shotguns really are mechanically simple and could get a little more play. shotgun cartridges, too, are somewhat simpler to make/reload than more precise rifle or pistol ammo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQsp7vz4Cyc

i would recommend that, someday, ammo not be simply printable from hacked manufacturers anymore but something you assemble on a workbench requiring blackpowder as a propellant. then you are balancing improv'd firearms, which are usually mechanically simple affairs, by making their ammo a bit scarcer/more involved to make.

this will also encourage people to actually use workbenches more often and familiarize themselves with the workbench interface, maybe inspiring more ideas for workbench content

now, i want to show you guys one of my fave channels when it comes to homemade weapons, he usually works with heavy rubber bands to make slingshot type weapons, but hes been playing with airguns lately https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0DLwa6OY8M he has to block the barrels of the airguns he makes with a thin nail so that they cannot shoot ball bearings and thus remain legal. spacemen would thankfully not be bound by legal concerns

heres my idea for a wepon: cablecoil + 2 pipe frames = nunchuks/flail
I think things should stay as hacky as possible. I've always wanted a pneumatic launcher due to my deep rooted hillbilly and redneck heritage. You'd be amazed at how long you can be entertained by launching perfectly good produce at condemned structures. (edit: and yeah I know about the rock-it)

Shivs would be nice too. Basically the same thing as glass shards, but reinforced to not break so easily. Maybe some kind of blackjack that does 'okay' damage but is silent and fits in your pocket.
(08-18-2016, 12:08 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I think things should stay as hacky as possible. I've always wanted a pneumatic launcher due to my deep rooted hillbilly and redneck heritage. You'd be amazed at how long you can be entertained by launching perfectly good produce at condemned structures. (edit: and yeah I know about the rock-it)

Shivs would be nice too. Basically the same thing as glass shards, but reinforced to not break so easily. Maybe some kind of blackjack that does 'okay' damage but is silent and fits in your pocket.

a shiv would either be a sharpened metal shard with either cloth or tape on a handle to prevent it from cutting yourself or you could melt down a styrofoam cup and mold it into a knife shape then cool it off (yes this is possible) either way you should be able to fit it in your pocket or jumpsuit sleeve.
A blackjack would be nice as something that does mostly stamina damage so you have a soft option for knocking someone out without hurting them. 

We also need pocket sand for temporarily blinding people.
(08-18-2016, 02:09 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: A blackjack would be nice as something that does mostly stamina damage so you have a soft option for knocking someone out without hurting them. 

(08-18-2016, 02:09 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: A blackjack would be nice as something that does mostly stamina damage so you have a soft option for knocking someone out without hurting them. 

were are we gonna get sand in the middle of freaking space
(08-18-2016, 03:40 PM)BBEG Wrote:

Make it a recipe using silicon oxide.

Splash it on the ground and bam, you have sand.

edit: Maybe include calcium and carbon as base ingredients, if you want to be really fancy.

If that's the case we should be able to mass produce sand and make the pool room into a beach.
(08-18-2016, 03:50 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 03:40 PM)BBEG Wrote:

Make it a recipe using silicon oxide.

Splash it on the ground and bam, you have sand.

I'll only accept this if you can place it in buckets and make sand castles from it. Naturally, anyone walking through the sand castle should also destroy it.