Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Fishing and Space Fine Dining in Space
(04-24-2016, 04:34 PM)Grifflez Wrote: Of course we should also be able to sell our delicious sea-space-life at the market (or give it to cargo to stuff in crates so it can be processed into Discount Dan's Fishy Quality Space-Seafood)
Pretty sure D Dan doesn't use real space fish in his food.

Pretty sure D Dan uses plastic for the fish and leftover chemicals for the "Delicious" taste.

Pretty sure D Dan's foods are good for you and you should probably invest in them too.

D Dan's foods are nature friendly since there are no real animals/plants in them! But you probably shouldn't try to use his soups as Jet Fuel thought, because that might probably start a fusion reaction and cause alot of mass to build up leading into a creation of a blackhole that might probably almost possibly suck in the whole universe in mere seconds due to the high amounts of dark matter in D Dan's soups.

Reminder: D Dan does not give a fuck if you die because of his products and neither does the Intergalactic police thanks to D Dan's huge pribes!
(04-24-2016, 04:34 PM)Grifflez Wrote: Of course we should also be able to sell our delicious sea-space-life at the market (or give it to cargo to stuff in crates so it can be processed into Discount Dan's Fishy Quality Space-Seafood)

Traitor chefs should also be able to make it into surstromming with the appropriate devices. Look at that guy puke
And here I was just thinking it would be nice to have actual space crab to put in my crab rangoon. Jesus christ you guys oh fuck no!
(05-02-2016, 09:17 AM)Grizzwold Wrote: And here I was just thinking it would be nice to have actual space crab to put in my crab rangoon. Jesus christ you guys oh fuck no!

Space worms fish are serious business.
[Image: jAUBSzI.gif][Image: jAUBSzI.gif][Image: jAUBSzI.gif]

Fishing part 2
[Image: lIZIvUa.png]
Included in the DMI:
Some test animations
Syndicate bait Bucket (chum not included, may require additional assembly)
A small fish for those unlucky fisherman
Someone on IRC told me to make a Jesus Fish, I may have taken them too literally
And I tried but failed at making a truffle like the original post suggested.

Attached Files
.dmi   Fishing2.dmi (Size: 6.67 KB / Downloads: 365)
(05-02-2016, 05:10 PM)Arborinus Wrote: [Image: jAUBSzI.gif][Image: jAUBSzI.gif][Image: jAUBSzI.gif]

Fishing part 2
Included in the DMI:
Some test animations
Someone on IRC told me to make a Jesus Fish, I may have taken them too literally
These sprites rule.
Cluwne eel is terrifying, I dread having that thing pop out of toilets or vents and emit that horrifying L42D jockey sound. Truffle looks fine, as it's hard to make a truffle look much different than a rock. Is that a Phil Fish?
(05-02-2016, 05:10 PM)Arborinus Wrote: [Image: jAUBSzI.gif][Image: jAUBSzI.gif][Image: jAUBSzI.gif]

Fishing part 2
Included in the DMI:
Some test animations

That 'chum' needs another go through the meat grinder! Good chum is a nice, bloody slurry! I see an intact leg in there!
What else are you going to use to catch a space kraken?
Traditionally, you'd use virgins.
(04-19-2016, 08:08 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 06:36 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: If space is a problem, just have people cast into the swimming pool.

Swimming pool should get you tuna and herring. Fishing in the meat station stomach acid should get you blobfish.

Lavafishing should just ruin your rod.

Swimming pool should get you nothing, or maybe plastic/rubber floaty fish toys. The rivers in Ice Moon and Biodome should have different kinds of fish. The wormhole idea is good for getting your average fish, but if you want those rarer fish, then you should use telescience, or be at the right place at the right time.
0.1% chance in the pool to get a space shark?
(05-12-2016, 12:38 AM)UmmonTL Wrote: 0.1% chance in the pool to get a space shark?

syndie chum should bump it to 10%
Space shrimp, because of the potential sea monkeys wordplay.
I can't believe I didn't think of this, but we have crab sprites, right?
Anything that lets the chef make more varied sorts of food is wonderful. All Ears
people need to be able to fish in the swimming pool