Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
kicking/biting/headbutting while cuffed
(04-22-2016, 11:25 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 10:53 PM)RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote: Thinking about some more headbutting seems like it'd be entirely too fiddly to deal with. It either makes it to easy to escape from security and sec honestly doesn't need the job to be any more difficult. If you add in too many downsides to headbutting it becomes useless. Finding a sweet spot seems like it'd be a pain in the ass.

Nah, see that's why helmets blocking any effect works. Sec starts with helmets, so headbutts will never be a problem for them UNLESS they lose their helmet. Detective and HoS might need to worry about it, but Detective shouldn't really be making arrests in the first place and they both have better guns that kinda balance out that risk.

And if it's something that also hurts the person performing it, it makes it truly a last ditch attack for when you're cuffed and escape isn't an option.

I imagined this was less of a "add headbutting as a thing all together" and more a silly *headbutt emote that only works on people wearing hardhats/helmets.

Back on topic for the thread itself, I still think the idea of being able to attack while cuffed is a bad idea, even if its just headbutting a security officer and only accomplishing something if they maybe aren't wearing their helmet.
allow kicking while cuffed but you have a chance to lose your balance and fall over and hit your head because youre not used to kicking stuff without your arms free to balance yourself
I just don't think it's gonna work. It makes sense, but I don't play this game because it makes sense. Since we even have antags complaining about the lack of opposition I'd rather not hurt the system even more by throwing in complications even if I DO like the flavor.
Yeah if we're gonna add more ways to resist security we need to make security more effective.
(04-23-2016, 05:49 PM)RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote: Yeah if we're gonna add more ways to resist security we need to make security more effective.

No to this, and no to the original idea

I know it doesn't make sense that you can't move other parts of your body while cuffed, yeah, but unfortunately it's an integral mechanic to the game; if cops are encouraged to be nonlethal, keep their one nonlethal guarentee free! 

Attacking while cuffed would make non-stop batoning a necessity, and more lethal options far more viable and justifiable.
No to this idea. People spaz out and give security enough grief during processing - the process often taking far longer than the actual max cell timer. If anything security needs better methods for dealing with someone's shittery after they are caught (though certainly nothing 100% effective).
(04-24-2016, 12:50 PM)Erev Wrote: No to this idea. People spaz out and give security enough grief during processing - the process often taking far longer than the actual max cell timer. If anything security needs better methods for dealing with someone's shittery after they are caught (though certainly nothing 100% effective).

most people just suicide when arrested/before getting arrested/in the brig so what's the point
(04-24-2016, 09:39 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: most people just suicide when arrested/before getting arrested/in the brig so what's the point
Why do people do this
(04-24-2016, 09:39 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 12:50 PM)Erev Wrote: No to this idea. People spaz out and give security enough grief during processing - the process often taking far longer than the actual max cell timer. If anything security needs better methods for dealing with someone's shittery after they are caught (though certainly nothing 100% effective).

most people just suicide when arrested/before getting arrested/in the brig so what's the point

Hi I've been playing security almost exclusively since December and the times I'm playing I have maybe one person suicide in a round. Saying "most" people do it is a exaggerated statement. If they are that dumb and salty enough to take themselves out of the round then that is their issue. If they rather wait up to a hour rather then 5 mins at the most to continue playing then again that is on them.

Also this is a god awful idea.