Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
kicking/biting/headbutting while cuffed
it'd be really fun if you could do all of these things while handcuffed so you can at least put up a fight and attempt to flee

it would also provide reason to use a muzzle/shackles outside of being a massive dickhead as well
Ehh. I don't agree with this idea. Kicking/Biting just sounds like a method for people that were arrested for stupid shit to damage security officers while they try and drag someone back to the brig. Headbutting should just result in stunning yourself as you slam your face against the security officer's helmet.
Please god no.
I think this would lead to two things:

- security having to stunbaton a guy every few steps if they want to actually bring them anywhere, resulting in anyone arrested being beaten half to death by the time they reach the brig.

- security going 'fuck it' and tossing anyone arrested out the nearest airlocks.

Both these trends are already common enough, there's no need to add fuel to the fire. Most antags have their own way of extricating themselves from being cuffed, so the majority of the drawbacks would affect regular unlucky crewmembers.
The last thing security needs is even more unruly perps
by all means let them headbutt. let them headbutt the helmet-wearing security officer right in the dome and stun themselves
(04-22-2016, 08:45 AM)misto Wrote: by all means let them headbutt. let them headbutt the helmet-wearing security officer right in the dome and stun themselves

Yes. This is exactly what I'd want. I would absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, run up to a security officer and attempt to headbutt his helmet until I died of brain damage.

And then if I was cloned I'd attempt to sue him.
(04-22-2016, 08:45 AM)misto Wrote: by all means let them headbutt. let them headbutt the helmet-wearing security officer right in the dome and stun themselves

That's changed my mind on this. Headbutts that hurt the person doing them, and have no effect on people wearing helmets sounds like it could work.
(04-22-2016, 10:28 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: That's changed my mind on this. Headbutts that hurt the person doing them, and have no effect on people wearing helmets sounds like it could work.

About time someone put those security helmets to use.
(04-22-2016, 10:28 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

That's changed my mind on this. Headbutts that hurt the person doing them, and have no effect on people wearing helmets sounds like it could work.

Wouldn't this just result in staff assistants wearing fire helmets head butting each other.
[Image: Simpsons%20-%20Simpsons%20Men%20Headbutt...uckets.gif]
(04-22-2016, 04:16 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 10:28 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Wouldn't this just result in staff assistants wearing fire helmets head butting each other.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this in the slightest
(04-17-2016, 05:43 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: it'd be really fun if you could do all of these things while handcuffed so you can at least put up a fight and attempt to flee

it would also provide reason to use a muzzle/shackles outside of being a massive dickhead as well

Cannot agree, you would easily get away from the security of people who handcuffed you, and everyone can escape very easy from you.
Thinking about some more headbutting seems like it'd be entirely too fiddly to deal with. It either makes it to easy to escape from security and sec honestly doesn't need the job to be any more difficult. If you add in too many downsides to headbutting it becomes useless. Finding a sweet spot seems like it'd be a pain in the ass.
(04-22-2016, 10:53 PM)RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote: Thinking about some more headbutting seems like it'd be entirely too fiddly to deal with. It either makes it to easy to escape from security and sec honestly doesn't need the job to be any more difficult. If you add in too many downsides to headbutting it becomes useless. Finding a sweet spot seems like it'd be a pain in the ass.

Nah, see that's why helmets blocking any effect works. Sec starts with helmets, so headbutts will never be a problem for them UNLESS they lose their helmet. Detective and HoS might need to worry about it, but Detective shouldn't really be making arrests in the first place and they both have better guns that kinda balance out that risk.

And if it's something that also hurts the person performing it, it makes it truly a last ditch attack for when you're cuffed and escape isn't an option.