Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emags can't deactivate AI turrets?
why is this

seriously why is this it's a lot of bullshit

I tried earlier to deactivate them on the little panel thing only to be slapped with ACCESS DENIED
...Because if they could, for 5 telecrystals you could basically shock every door on the station, get an all-seeing eye watching out for you, and a swarm of cyborgs that kill at your command? Corrupting the AI shouldn't be easy, a corrupt AI can murder everyone except for the few people with stun gloves, call the shuttle/stop it from being called, and generally make life easy for the traitor and hell for everyone else.
If Security is competant, they'll come as soon as the AI goes "HELLO THERE IS A PERSON IN MY UPLOAD, PLEASE STOP THEM.

The "YOU CAN DO LOTS OF STUFF WITH AN EMAG" thing isn't really an excuse, I mean for 7 crystals you can get an e-sword and 1-shot everything, then take the IDs.
Yeah, I agree with Dachshundofdoom. and I think I'd disagree with you when you say:
"YOU CAN DO LOTS OF STUFF WITH AN EMAG"

I think that's a perfectly good excuse. It's all about balancing the items. You can open every single fucking door, open any locker (Riot Gear), and already fuck up borgs and bots. I don't know how you could expect any more from a relatively cheap traitor item.

Logically it should be able to unlock the Turret Panel, but this is space station 13; where is the logic behind eating a burger that turns you into a robot or farting on a bible and exploding?
Taking out a turret is easy.
Throw a pipebomb at it.
or 2.

Throwing pipebombs at things has been my solution for everything lately
Emagging turrets should by default set them to lethal, with no way to turn them off. That makes much more sense.
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:...Because if they could, for 5 telecrystals you could basically shock every door on the station, get an all-seeing eye watching out for you, and a swarm of cyborgs that kill at your command? Corrupting the AI shouldn't be easy, a corrupt AI can murder everyone except for the few people with stun gloves, call the shuttle/stop it from being called, and generally make life easy for the traitor and hell for everyone else.
Yeah

instead you can do it for free if you've got a mechanical toolbox and about 5 minutes.
Or access to Chem and know how to make Harvey Wallbusters.

Niars Wrote:Emagging turrets should by default set them to lethal, with no way to turn them off. That makes much more sense.

I like this idea. Especially since it's pretty hard to dodge the lasers with the new AI core setup.
Unhackable turrets are one of the main reasons that EMP grenades are worth ordering on your traitor PDA.
what if we make it so emagging that turret console just sets them to lasers and on FOREVER
Cogwerks Wrote:what if we make it so emagging that turret console just sets them to lasers and on FOREVER

DEAD: Dumb Traitor exclaims, "WTF I JUST EMAGGED THE CONSOLE AND IT KILLED WHAT B.S!!!!!!!!!!!"
Cogwerks Wrote:what if we make it so emagging that turret console just sets them to lasers and on FOREVER

Totally what I said frown Except lasers instead of lethal. But yeah, I think it'd be a good idea. Makes turning the AI into a shit a little bit more complex. A little.
whoops i skimmed the thread. i agree with your post niars.
Emags already do a whole ton of shit as it is. Conflicted about this.
Emag should short out the controller so it turns on and off at random