Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Apparently someone just released gooncode on reddit...
Thanks.
I can't code for shit, but I do understand the basics; I also want to be useful.

Would it be useful if someone went through the entire code, top to bottom, and made sure every line was spaced/aligned properly?
Good/bad that this has happened? I'm on the fence about the actual fallout of all this, but how it was dealt with by the administration is admirable.

I personally think goon should remain closed, but I beg to ask just how closed is closed.
Like the latest release is now out there. This will help outside parties (if they can rap their head around the spaghetti) and I think the next step in damage control is getting those parties interested in helping goon.

Like I've pretty much downloaded all the .dmi's and I now have a bounty of resources in which will help me with spriting, those references will help me enormously.

I think we should have a one-way system with the code. Big overhauls and projects should remain closed doors, but small additions to code could be done through github, reviewed and added. This way we could attract people from outside who have a clue with coding to go "hey this might be neat", it gets implemented into the code.
(03-03-2016, 02:05 PM)Sundance Wrote: I think we should have a one-way system with the code.

This is basically how I feel now since there will be an official release soon and everything.
I would love to be able to see a minor bug that I could probably fix, like a typo and just submit a PR to the Github.
(03-01-2016, 11:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Huh. I honestly don't follow any Space Station 13 stuff outside these forums. I've played other servers in the past, and while there were a few things I thought were neat, it's always been the chiller and more responsible community that's kept me pretty exclusive to these servers. I just can't imagine myself wanting to play elsewhere.

Dont forget the labor camp on other maps that makes permabrigging people stupidly easy (along with supercop security bots that instantly arrest you for everything and drag you to the brig.)

(03-02-2016, 02:10 PM)Mageziya Wrote: I suppose the biggest tragedy of this all is Cogwerks. He spent 2 years making a map and not even 3 months of it being out did pass before this happened. Considering what he was going through in making the map, we need to find a way to make it up to him.

What's amazing in all of this is that is shows how vile the outer-SS13 "community" really is. No, I'm not talking about the leaker, people like that always exist in some capacity. Some of the anti-goon responses by people are insane, to the point where they're having a bigger reaction than actual goon players. Some servers seriously can't figure out why other bases don't like them. Everyone was expecting this to be "golden", the toppling of the mighty, evil goon tyrants, except that none of that happened.

TBH I was hoping this leak would lead to the rest of the SS13 community becoming more like goon, but I guess that's not going to happen.

I got an idea, next time write some of the goon gimmicks in a way that's really hard to untangle from the rest of the code so that any unfunny nerds using gooncode have to have farts and screams and comedy chems on their servers
and then there's THIS asshole releasing it on reddit AGAIN

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/4..._codebase/
Well now that the code is open, I suppose we can use this thread to examine the comedy gold that is some of the code.

Some bits and bobs from chem-code.
Code:
/* fuckthisshit
name = "fuck this shit"
id = "fuckthisshit"
result = null
required_reagents = list("carbon" = 5, "flourine" = 5, "acid" = 5, "sugar" = 5, "phosphorus" = 5, "potassium" = 5, "water" = 15)
result_amount = 5
mix_phrase = "The chemicals mix into a shade of brown and begin to bubble."
mix_sound = 'poo2.ogg'

on_reaction(var/datum/reagents/holder, var/created_volume)
holder.clear_reagents()
message_admins("[] attempted to make infinifoam what a piece of shit", usr) */
There's story behind this removed chem, isn't there.

Also because the forum is a bit weird, this part scrolls.
Code:
// the following three recipes should stop most of the nonsense with pyrosium lagging things to shit, hopefully??
// if not yell at me to code better - haine

on_reaction(var/datum/reagents/holder, var/created_volume)
var/atom/my_atom = holder.my_atom
get_fucked_clarks
explosion(my_atom, get_turf(my_atom), 0, 1, 4, 5)
return

// also no more fermid foams, fu nerds tOt

explosion_magnesium // get in

// why are the acids doing brute????
// IT'S ACID IT BURNS

boilpee // a shameful cogwerks. hobo chemistry, assistant-sourcable source of ammonia for various other reactions.

fake_initropidril
if(prob(80)) // high chance of not working to piss them off

chlorine_azide // death 2 chemists

crank // cogwerks - awful hobo drug that can be made by pissing in a bunch of vending machine stuff and then boiling it all with a welder

//mix_phrase = "The mixture begins to emit a distinct smell of bleach." -AMMONIA IS NOT BLEACH!!!!!!!!!! - grumpwerks

required_temperature = T0C + 6344 // IMPOSSIBRUUUU

/* It's me. I'm the new merculite.
nitrogen_triiodide

#undef get_fucked_clarks
Some weird tricks are also in the code that the wiki never mentioned and aren't secret tier either, like boilpee.

Boilpee's on the Wiki. The one that gets me excited is Magnesium Chloride. Finally, a reaction that precipitates hydrogen! There are so many wonderful and horrible uses for that.
Code:
//Grep.  Sorta.  Look, I'm not going to redo the regex library for High Nerd Marquesas
For Science!
(03-03-2016, 02:07 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 02:05 PM)Sundance Wrote: I think we should have a one-way system with the code.

This is basically how I feel now since there will be an official release soon and everything.
I would love to be able to see a minor bug that I could probably fix, like a typo and just submit a PR to the Github.

This has been added through the forum. This is a very good thing that will make bug solving and adding small patches much easier.
[Image: pt6f1zawt1wbbkzrydugyeekwadd4rhrs0kpajqv...z0qk0x.jpg]
"get_fucked_clarks is the AI!"

(03-07-2016, 01:41 PM)Sundance Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 02:07 PM)zewaka Wrote:

This has been added through the forum. This is a very good thing that will make bug solving and adding small patches much easier.
[Image: pt6f1zawt1wbbkzrydugyeekwadd4rhrs0kpajqv...z0qk0x.jpg]

Does this mean I could potentially write my own critters/gimmicks/chems and submit them for possible inclusion?
(03-08-2016, 12:10 PM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote: "get_fucked_clarks is the AI!"

Saka

Does this mean I could potentially write my own critters/gimmicks/chems and submit them for possible inclusion?

It appears that way
I just realized, what does "get_fucked_clarks" exactly do? And specifically who is it referencing? For some reason that didn't cross my mind when I first saw it.
It's referencing Clarks, a horrible hellchem nerd who left when people asked him to stop calling everyone dorks.
(03-08-2016, 03:22 PM)Mageziya Wrote: I just realized, what does "get_fucked_clarks" exactly do? And specifically who is it referencing? For some reason that didn't cross my mind when I first saw it.
It's a macro that stops people from creating explosive chemistry reactions inside bees.