Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Apparently someone just released gooncode on reddit...
How should we move on from this?

I just hope it doesn't die...
I really don't want this community to die.

How many coders will actually stay? Will any? If some coders do stay, I see 2 choices so far:

Continue developement, but as open-source.
Close-source again and carry on, with whatever effects that come with it.

Whatever, i'm going to sleep. I'll see what happens tomorrow.
I really have had so much fun playing here.

I do hope everything works out in the end.

Maybe some nice people will make cool things? I don't even know at this point...
No offense to anyone but if this is true and they do something awesome with the code and bring fresh and new ideas and content to the table I might just migrate to whatever this becomes. I've been straved for a new gamemode or any kind of new content for so long now that I'll take what I can get. If true then the future looks bright for Space station.
holy shit roflolmao
Closed source allows for awesome things like solarium and super chems. It's a bit like reading a good book and some guy jumping in and telling you the ending after he read it's cliffsnotes.

I'll be sad that those things died if it got released.
(03-01-2016, 10:22 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Closed source allows for awesome things like solarium and super chems. It's a bit like reading a good book and some guy jumping in and telling you the ending after he read it's cliffsnotes.

I'll be sad that those things died if it got released.

Chems got leaked and also there is no good ending and karma is not real.
I hope that Goonstation stays closed source and simply moves on from this. There's no other server like this one, and closed source definitely enables that uniqueness. I'm hoping for the best.
Karma is real.
(03-01-2016, 10:41 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Chems got leaked and also there is no good ending and karma is not real.

Some chems got leaked, the good ending is good because it never existed, and karma exists beyond code.
  • While some chems were leaked, you still didn't see everybody running around with QGP or Royal Initrobee all day every day. Same goes with things like Canbombs. Since it wasn't common knowledge, most didn't even know the chems that were leaked.
  • The evolving storyline of sol was nice. Sure, it probably would have never been finished, but the mystery was there. The people who loved the puzzles (real or red herring) get shafted hard by a release. Though I guess I don't expect cops and robbers type players to understand.
  • Karma? Just ask Vampirate.
There's also the fact that this whole ordeal isn't just some simple 'lol got u', it involves something highly fucking illegal and individuals incurred damages to reputation, property and security.
Nothing will happen, the code may leak, but the community will stay the same.
Can't say this isn't deserved.

At least with the $400 the guy can buy a nice gold chalice to hold all the tears.
(03-01-2016, 11:12 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 10:41 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Chems got leaked and also there is no good ending and karma is not real.

Some chems got leaked, the good ending is good because it never existed, and karma exists beyond code.
  • While some chems were leaked, you still didn't see everybody running around with QGP or Royal Initrobee all day every day. Same goes with things like Canbombs. Since it wasn't common knowledge, most didn't even know the chems that were leaked.
  • The evolving storyline of sol was nice. Sure, it probably would have never been finished, but the mystery was there. The people who loved the puzzles (real or red herring) get shafted hard by a release. Though I guess I don't expect cops and robbers type players to understand.
  • Karma? Just ask Vampirate.
There's also the fact that this whole ordeal isn't just some simple 'lol got u', it involves something highly fucking illegal and individuals incurred damages to reputation, property and security.

One it was said in IRC that the good ending was not real by the admins and later on when someone brought up that Karma was not in the code they also said it was not real and I quote "It's a shame the myth had to die" Also I am more of a player interaction player more then I am a cop and robbers player. You can take shots at me all you want but security puts me front and center when it comes to interacting with the crew. Hell I even took part in sol adventures from time to time not too metion other space adventures.
I wasn't taking shots. No, I'm serious -- I think you're an ass, Ed, but I like you.

Without puzzles and mysteries SS13 is 90% cops and robbers and 10% rube goldberg. Though that's just my assessment, I think it's pretty accurate.
Huh. I honestly don't follow any Space Station 13 stuff outside these forums. I've played other servers in the past, and while there were a few things I thought were neat, it's always been the chiller and more responsible community that's kept me pretty exclusive to these servers. I just can't imagine myself wanting to play elsewhere.