Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Apparently someone just released gooncode on reddit...
[Image: 1456903880466.png]

:synpa:
(03-01-2016, 11:49 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Without puzzles and mysteries SS13 is 90% cops and robbers and 10% rube goldberg. Though that's just my assessment, I think it's pretty accurate.

Is it really a puzzle if there's no answer? It's just a trick at that point basically.
(03-01-2016, 11:49 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I wasn't taking shots. No, I'm serious -- I think you're an ass, Ed, but I like you.

Wow that's pretty rude guy. I don't understand why you are acting like such a dick. I am not to blame for the leak so direct your frustartion at something other then me thanks.
Ed, simmer down. He was responding to some of the highlights of the leak and wasn't directing it at you specifically.
(03-02-2016, 12:10 AM)Zafhset Wrote: Ed, simmer down. He was responding to some of the highlights of the leak and wasn't directing it at you specifically.

That was the last I was going to say of it till you decided to say something for some reason. Pointless insults have no place in this converstation regardless.

Let's look at the good things this will bring. Like for example Chems will either have to have new recipes or be reworked all together now. That makes me a tad happy since chems have been OP for ages now
I think the problem here is you're taking my usage of ass too seriously? Houka is an ass. Marq is an ass. Hufflaw is an ass. You're an ass. I'm an ass. I like all of these people. Dicks? Now dicks I don't like. Listen, I think these whole weird thing between you and I is the result of miscommunication. I apologize on whatever fronts I've offended you on.

I don't wanna say this line but, I ain't mad. What's done is done and there's no going back with a leak. My posts so far have been more in response of Opensource vs Closedsource. I believe SS13 benefits highly from being closedsource. If it didn't, then why would so many people want the closedsource? The opensource should be vastly superior by now.

Isaacs: Those would be mysteries. Mysteries are fun too.

and holy shit Hman, that one guy who has that weird OCD fixation on my avatar is gonna have a heart attack. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Heart 
I think we all just need to hug it out.

BLATANTLY STOLEN FROM DEVIANTART :hfive: miss u Dono It'll be ok :(
I've been reading threads and comments and other bullshit, and I don't see that this would impact things very much. In fact th biggest change I see is that some coders will resign due to anger and be replaced with a new coders. In 4 months under half of the current coding team may be on the new coding team - but I don't see how goonstation will stop, if anything, this would increase our playerbase for a month or two.

Goonstation will not die. The worst that is going to happen is some people will over-react. If we die, it is due to these people and their over-reactions.
i don't see why everyone is getting so heated about this.

it happened. time to move on. everyone arguing and getting upset won't un-leak it
We're all missing the most important part of this scandal. Despite all of the code that was leaked, poo was not in it. The admins have systematically eliminated poo! We can't let them get away with this crime!
Welp. While it's sad news that someone would release information that wasn't theirs to leak, I don't see how this affects anything. So, the code is out there. The servers are still up and people can keep playing this silly game.

I'll still explore telescience locations and continue to experiment with the game mechanics because there remains so much I've yet to discover for myself. There not being a good ending or karma or whatever else doesn't really change anything in my eyes.
Now that I think about it, I don't give a fuck about the leak. I just want to know what happens from here. Will coders leave, etc.
This is pretty funny, esp. paying a guy to not steal something he stole.
(03-01-2016, 11:54 PM)thehman03 Wrote: [Image: 1456903880466.png]

:synpa:

This is excellent.
I'm trying to find more information on this if anyone has a link they're willing to share. From what I'm gathering someone tried to get money for the code to not be released? If so, that's extortion and is most certainly a criminal offense.