Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Concepts for new artifacts
Funfact: They were made in MSPaint.
(03-19-2016, 03:56 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Funfact: They were made in MSPaint.

I'd be curious to see artbrains/artbutts considering those are the most likely organ transplants, the latter being more amusing, the former more practical
Eyes too
Eyes could be fun. Imagine a two part artifact where one half replaces your eyes, and the second half is a handheld size item that becomes your vision point. Carry it around to see what you're doing, or stuff it somewhere else to spy on someone.
I tried making eye artifacts.

[Image: wYKdQfP.png]
I'm not exactly too fond of how these turned out.

For some reason these don't really feel like artifacts, I removed the optic nerve on most of them so that they'd actually look little baubles that you'd find lying about, but even then they feel off. I also think that last two probably already exist as small artifacts, whoops. I feel like these would be best for strange merchants or QM shenanigans instead of being in the random artifact pool.

Edit: I need to look around these threads for some more things to try and make, but most things have problems with them. Armor, AKA clothes, takes a million sprites and is in general a pain to sprite. Artifact brains have the strange problem where everyone says that they're neat, but they're not sure how to implement them into game-play, (even eyes have this), so there's not much motivation to making it if no ones quite sure how they work. Butts I could probably do, but then I find that I'm asking myself the question of if I want to spent two and a half hours making pixel asses for a 2d spessman game.
Of course you want to spend two and a half hours making pixel asses for a 2d spessman game.
Anyway, I think the artbrain thing ties into the Alien Mind Unit concept from the first post, but then that could just be anything that looks like a brain/core (since you shove them into a corpse to select a ghost).
I feel like artifact eyes should do things like give you access to the camera network, do some cybereye stuff, let you shoot eye laser/bullet/magical bullshit. Other than that they should have a chance of acting like normal eyes, making you permanently trip balls, or hallucinate. Some might straight up give you welder/flash immunity so you don't need to wear protective gear.
(03-20-2016, 07:35 PM)Camnui Wrote: I feel like artifact eyes should do things like give you access to the camera network, do some cybereye stuff, let you shoot eye laser/bullet/magical bullshit. Other than that they should have a chance of acting like normal eyes, making you permanently trip balls, or hallucinate. Some might straight up give you welder/flash immunity so you don't need to wear protective gear.

-could let a human interface with electronics remotely the way cyborgs do
-various functions of docgoggles, reagent goggles, thermals, mesons, ghost goggles
-alternate way to access mindreading, xray vision, telekinesis
-translate mysterious alien documents/magic runes/whatever
-know the functions of different apc/door/machine wires just by looking at them
-see the little red t's and r's and shit at the corner of random ppls sprites
-look up ppls fingerprints code on the spot just by examining them edit: unless their arms have been cut off
(03-20-2016, 08:52 PM)misto Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 07:35 PM)Camnui Wrote: I feel like artifact eyes should do things like give you access to the camera network, do some cybereye stuff, let you shoot eye laser/bullet/magical bullshit. Other than that they should have a chance of acting like normal eyes, making you permanently trip balls, or hallucinate. Some might straight up give you welder/flash immunity so you don't need to wear protective gear.

-could let a human interface with electronics remotely the way cyborgs do
-various functions of docgoggles, reagent goggles, thermals, mesons, ghost goggles
-alternate way to access mindreading, xray vision, telekinesis
-translate mysterious alien documents/magic runes/whatever
-know the functions of different apc/door/machine wires just by looking at them
-see the little red t's and r's and shit at the corner of random ppls sprites
-look up ppls fingerprints code on the spot just by examining them

Translate the writing from the odd pen.
(03-20-2016, 08:52 PM)misto Wrote: -see the little red t's and r's and shit at the corner of random ppls sprites

only if only one of these is accurate and the rest are random innocent people

vigilante vision