Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[DESTINY] Remove Wizard from secret rotation
Well that's a matter of opinion really, I agree they need a rework. Alot of things need a re-work but are they going to get one? Most likely not. Most of the coders besides wire, haine, spyguy, marq and cogwerks don't do anything anymore. So changes are either not going to happen or take ages to. Also I mean no offense to any other coders who may be reading this I know you can be busy or just lost interest and that's fine. Back on the topic of opinions I feel blob is one of the most boring modes we have but I'm not calling for it to get removed cause others enjoy it. I enjoy wizard rounds. When they are not abusing teleport or fireballs it can be a tense round. Yes I know those types of wizards are few and far between but I don't feel that justify a removal of the game mode. Again it's easy for them to remove content but it's insanely hard to give new content. If things keep getting removed and nerfed instead of improved then we are going to be left with a very barren game.

Also I may have excluded some other active coders and I apologize for excluding you if you are one. Those were the ones off the top of my head
(02-23-2016, 03:30 PM)Weavel Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 09:54 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: II've fought plenty of wizard in my time here and the way to handle them is this. Bait their attacks out, learn how many and what spells they have and then form a plan on how to fight it. In most cases this will require teamwork or another person to help you out. Next it's safe to assume it has the spells that allow it to escape so prepare for a long fight. 

I agree 100% that we are running out of modes as-is, but we've all fought a billion wizards by now, we know how they work. That's not the problem; they're simply not fun, at all, ever, to play a round with.

Every wizard round, even on Destiny, boils down to the same shit:

- dumbo says, "WIZARD IN CHEMISTRY"
- threeish people rush to try beat him up
- fireball, magic missile, phase shift away
- dumbo 2 says "WIZARD IN ROBOTICS"
etc

And before anyone starts that fucking friend-wizards bullshit, fuck off I'm not sitting for 70 minutes wandering the station while some dumbass reads me Harry Potter quotes and complains that people are hurting him. Boaty put it best, it's fucking Extended mode with a dude in a hat.

Non-murder objectives work for other roles because they have a real station job, where as a wizard is entirely devoted to murder e.g. a Janitor can bullshit his way into the Captain's Quarters to destroy his tree, but a wizard just has to warp inside. Corruption was not great either, so it'd need a real reworking.
Eh I guess this gets down to it. People hate when wizards kill people, and people hate it when they don't.
I enjoy wizard rounds. I think it's a fair assessment to say, however, that as a community, we're all tired of the fireball, magic missile spam routine that is so common.

What are the typical wizard objectives?

I've been a wizard only a handful of times so I can't recall.
On pure wiz rounds, they're the standard 'kill X, kill Y and kill Z'. They get more varied objectives traitor-style on mixed rounds, like 'steal a jumpsuit' or 'escape alive'.