Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[DESTINY] Remove Wizard from secret rotation
Wizards are a completely aggressive antagonist, with no stealth or subterfuge to suit a less in-your-face round. This kinda makes wizards on Destiny just rampage because there's nothing else for them to do, they simply don't suit an RP server.

After playing two wizard rounds on Destiny in a row where they just murdered 10 dudes and left, I don't think it works.
I was the wiz in the second round, it was only three people, and only my targets, but yeah no this has to go.
As one of the wizards who, helped cause this thread to come to existence by mistake. I agree, or at least give wizards a job restriction to very engaged RPers, if possible. Many humans are instantly aggressive on wizards too, which makes any type of RP as a wizard hard and as Weavel said, not suitable for a RP server.
I see the point in removing wizard. You kinda gotta play it aggressive. Whenever I play wizard i try to roleplay by giving out wishes but I always end up dying.

On a similar note, playing changeling sucks with a low pop. Especially when you have to absorb everyone on the ship, and some of those people might've suicided.
You can actually ahelp murderboners on destiny.
^
I think the problem is wizards are one-sided antag on Destiny. The rules state you can't rampage your targets. You have to kill them in a fun/non game spoiling way, however, there is nothing in the RP rules saying that you can't kill wizards on sight, which makes being a wizard extremely hard to play as.
Agreed. Wizards should either get a different set of objectives on Destiny or to be limited/removed from secret.
I don't RP that much granted I only played there 3 times and did not really have fun. But there are ways for a wizard to RP here are somethings I think they can do off the top of my head.

1.They can be friendly

2.They can put on a magic show or something like it

3. Try and fail to teach the crew magic

From what I've seen on the normal server anytime a wizard tried to do anything other then rampage they get murder instantly. This is why most wizard just rampage, now I have no idea if that still happens in RP Land but take in consideration that it could be why all wizard do is rampage and don't feel safe doing anything else cause they just get killed for attempting to do anything remotely different. From what I was told and what I seen RP is suppose to be a place where you can experiment with your antag rounds without fear of getting murdered for trying new things.
Yeah, I think the problem Is people still have the same mindset in place from the standard server. I think wizard can exist on Destiny, but it will require the players to kinda stay their hand a bit. Do a bit of talking, some non-lethal antagonism.
I'm of the opinion that wizard should be removed from all servers full stop, or at least severely rebalanced. Almost every wizard round I've experienced, they've been silent rampagers that are almost impossible to stop if they have any idea what they're doing, and a good wizard can paralyse the ship within about 10 minutes. The problem is that they're all about murder and nothing else; wizard should, in my opinion, be more about fucking up the station and reality in trippy ways. More stuff like cluwning, less fireballs and QGP golems. They are, by wide margin, my least favourite antag type.
I think wizard is by far the worst round mode, It should be completely removed from all server rotations and save it for admin gimmicks or special events. There's no subtlety at all about it, as soon as a wizard appears its just rampage vs. vigilante and everything goes to shit. And don't even get me started about friendly wizards. Maybe that dumb shit would work on RP server but for normal rounds it just turns things into boring extended mode with no point. In fact I think I will write up a separate post about friendly antag gimmicks because they are THE WORST, and it annoys the hell out of me when crew play along with it.
I'm of the opinion that we should not remove any more game modes then we have already. Seriously we only have four game modes (five if you want to count blob) in rotation and even though I extremely bored of all of them I still say we should be adding content instead of removing it. I've fought plenty of wizard in my time here and the way to handle them is this. Bait their attacks out, learn how many and what spells they have and then form a plan on how to fight it. In most cases this will require teamwork or another person to help you out. Next it's safe to assume it has the spells that allow it to escape so prepare for a long fight. IF anything should be changed about the wizard it's the teleport spell. Phase shift is okay cause it keeps them on the station but 9 times out of 10 I'll be fighting a wizard and I'll be close to killing it and BOOM teleport and said wizard will just sit in his wizard station for most of the round. It's seriously annoying beyond annoying at this point I would say cause pretty much every wizard does it.
(02-23-2016, 09:54 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: -awesomepost-
I agree with all of this. More gamemodes 2016.
It would be great if you could get non-murder wizard objectives. Maybe give a spell to wizards that allows them to make magic symbols/runes in places, like gang graffiti?
I would not mind if wizards went around casting spells that caused the janitor's mop to start cleaning the floors endlessly and every time you destroyed it, it made two smaller mops. What I do mind is that every wizard round at the moment is just a matter of seeing how long you survive until you get hit by a magic missle and then fireballed. It needs a serious rethink.
(02-23-2016, 09:54 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: II've fought plenty of wizard in my time here and the way to handle them is this. Bait their attacks out, learn how many and what spells they have and then form a plan on how to fight it. In most cases this will require teamwork or another person to help you out. Next it's safe to assume it has the spells that allow it to escape so prepare for a long fight. 

I agree 100% that we are running out of modes as-is, but we've all fought a billion wizards by now, we know how they work. That's not the problem; they're simply not fun, at all, ever, to play a round with.

Every wizard round, even on Destiny, boils down to the same shit:

- dumbo says, "WIZARD IN CHEMISTRY"
- threeish people rush to try beat him up
- fireball, magic missile, phase shift away
- dumbo 2 says "WIZARD IN ROBOTICS"
etc

And before anyone starts that fucking friend-wizards bullshit, fuck off I'm not sitting for 70 minutes wandering the station while some dumbass reads me Harry Potter quotes and complains that people are hurting him. Boaty put it best, it's fucking Extended mode with a dude in a hat.

Non-murder objectives work for other roles because they have a real station job, where as a wizard is entirely devoted to murder e.g. a Janitor can bullshit his way into the Captain's Quarters to destroy his tree, but a wizard just has to warp inside. Corruption was not great either, so it'd need a real reworking.