Poll: Which server should be on secret?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LLJK1 - The American Dream
67.39%
31 67.39%
LLJK4 - European Unifier
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
LLJK1 VS LLJK4 Which one should be the "main server"?
(02-06-2016, 02:16 PM)Wire Wrote: With regards to the extended server stuff. There are two main concerns. One is that perf is better for some depending on the server region, and the other is that only one person has control over #1, so if it dies then everyone fucks off to 4 or 5 (probably 4) which would be dumb if it's running extended.

A solution to this problem would be to add another server for players that enjoy extended, I'd be willing to chime in 0.5 to 1 BTC if needed.
Just after playing a few rounds and I can safely say #1 is a lot more choppier and laggier than #4 for me, which is unfortunate. I now literally lag into doors with an average of 130-140 ping. I don't think i'll be playing security for a while. Some may rejoice at this fact wink

#5 is fine, not because of the lower playercount, but because it's run on a beefy server (I don't know the exact terminology, haine or wire gave the rundown on a different thread)

If any admin is reading this, then here's a general sane request that I will put forward:

Swap #1 server with #5 server. 

Why? Well, it makes sense really.
#5 has a beefier server which would suit higher player count, but has lower playercount. Swapping it them (maybe even swapping the names to avoid confusion) would mean people from the EU won't be so put out by going to #1, while the RP server players would barely notice the change. 

Maybe i'm confused to the actual mechanics of it all but it really would help as I know i'm not the only one from EU that has this issue, and I wouldn't want it to back to #4 if the US people suffer too, so this would be good middle-ground.
Ye I'm gonna swap 1 with 5 tonight, that is a good idea.
The system works.
Eh, this might stop me playing.

I've noticed I'm considerably crapper at combat on the American server with that 130+ ping, but yeah I know there can be only 1, not enough players for both yada yada yada