Poll: Which server should be on secret?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LLJK1 - The American Dream
67.39%
31 67.39%
LLJK4 - European Unifier
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
LLJK1 VS LLJK4 Which one should be the "main server"?
Rainbow 
So given that it's [some arbitrary amount of time] since our world got flipped with LLJK1 being secret and LLJK4 being extended, which do you think is, well, better? I mean in terms of lag, playability, etc. I'm asking this because I heard people complaining about lag spikes on LLJK4 and now I heard someone complaining about lag spikes on LLJK1 so I don't know what to think.
1 was far better for me. It had some odd hiccups but it felt like those got smoothed out or something. Not to mention it's #1.

It even seemed like we got a small pop boost, but that could have been for a number of reasons -- including my misperception.
Now I'm from the U.S but I've never had that much lag issues on LLJK4 but yeah LLJK1 is a little bit smoother I feel. Really I only notice lag if the game slows down to a crawl or if everything comes to a stand still.
The only difference I've noticed with LLJK1 besides lower ping and slightly faster server is the lighting updates way faster for some reason.
Also stop switching 1&4 every hour. Thank you.
Much prefer playing on #1. #4 is borderline unplayable for me.
I liked #4 because I'm in the EU. Playing now is like walking through a swamp of buttes or as you would say in america "slow as molasses".
lljk1 feels a lot smoother compared to 4

a lot less lag and slowdown
(01-25-2016, 05:08 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Also stop switching 1&4 every hour. Thank you.

regdog 
LLJK 1 crashed so I switched it to LLJK 4.
LLJK 1 is definitely faster for me up here in Canada. What about having both servers run secret? Maybe automatic switching to extended when the population is low enough?
It came to light in IRC that they plan to go back to LLJK4 tomorrow. The votes and feedback fell on deaf ears. Good thing I don't really get too bad of lag on either server but I felt the few people who posted in here and the 20 people who voted should know what is up.
Yes hi, I'm changing it back tomorrow probably because Somepotato told me emphatically that LLJK 1 will run slower than LLJK 4, and that another person said of LLJK 1

Code:
<Blackjack117200> I can play until the pop gets higher
<Blackjack117200> then the lag is unimaginable and i dc

Both of which, as well as the fact that I feel sort of bad pestering Rick about his server if the other server's the better choice, make me feel like changing it back to LLJK 4 would be the way to go.

'Course if any of you have a counter-argument I'd like to hear it.

Maybe I'll wait until the weekend though, who knows. I sure don't.
Where does the player base stack? US or EU? Everyone seems to just go to the one with more people, but I wonder what it'd look like player countwise if people chose the one that was closer to them.
(01-26-2016, 02:24 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Where does the player base stack? US or EU? Everyone seems to just go to the one with more people, but I wonder what it'd look like player countwise if people chose the one that was closer to them.

I just go to whatever one has the most people. Unless I want to mess around in Chemistry which I have not done in ages.
(01-26-2016, 10:26 AM)lambskin Wrote: LLJK 1 is definitely faster for me up here in Canada. What about having both servers run secret? Maybe automatic switching to extended when the population is low enough?

I kinda feel that something like this might be the way to go. Or reinstate the voting system like in the one thread. Or have scheduled extended hours/days.