Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Is goonguy associated with goonstation?
Cameron Higgs Wrote:
Zafhset Wrote:Understanding sarcasm has nothing to do with being/not being American, by the way.

It's not some closed source code that can only be unlocked with sufficient muricanism.
Sarcasm is a uniquely English idea. Sarcasm doesn't really exist in non-Western cultures so some non-Western people might not understand it immediately, particularly without vocal or body cues.

I think the main point was America'The West' -- Hell, 'The USA'≠America is another. Other countries tend to get a bit pissy when compared to 'murica. It's a weight few are able to bare.

(You're gonna make fun of our weight aren't ya, you jerk! I have slow metabolism, sleep eating, and a thyroid problem! How dare you...)
Cameron Higgs Wrote:
Zafhset Wrote:Understanding sarcasm has nothing to do with being/not being American, by the way.

It's not some closed source code that can only be unlocked with sufficient muricanism.
Sarcasm is a uniquely English idea. Sarcasm doesn't really exist in non-Western cultures so some non-Western people might not understand it immediately, particularly without vocal or body cues.

This is occasionally true, as in Japan, but China has quite a bit of sarcasm. It varies from culture to culture. There isn't just "eastern culture" and "western culture". it's a big world... with a varied people.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
TheChosenOneIsHere Wrote:A random guy named GoonGuy joined my server and simply said he had the Goon Station source code and was going to release it in 24 hours.
Is that true? Even thought i doubt its true.

Sounds like Davidof9. He's an irritating combination of annoying, tenacious and inept. You're better off banning him as soon as you can.

More annoying then me? :/
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:More annoying then me? :/

nope. somehow creepier though.
qwdfaeshkfewgfewygfewygudfgdas
I, too, have gooncode. For fifteen american dollars I will sell you a copy of r4407
As a general rule, someone causing shit and is claiming to be from another server is a 12 year old thinking he's a metaironysarcasm quoting master manipulator metaironysarcasm quoting and is not at all affiliated with said server.

It's not like we think less of Hippie when Hippieguy shows up and tries to pull some bull. We might do something like OP did and ask the server about it. If nothing but to warn them someone's trying to start shit in their name.
I for one look forward to Davidof9's attempts at "payback" They make me laugh
You're being lied to. The charge is actually only $10 and half a cheeseburger, they are trying to make you overpay. I'll sell you the gooncode, and for the other half of the cheeseburger I'll even throw in admin powers. I can do this because I am a master hacker.
I actually think he's legit, man. so text
Spy_Guy Wrote:an irritating combination of annoying, tenacious and inept. You're better off banning him as soon as you can.

you leave me out of this
I once met a guy outside of a bar who said he had the source code for Goonstation and that he'd release it if I didn't give him my wallet. I like to think that I've helped keep this server secure, every little bit helps, right?