Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
stamina, and players
(02-10-2016, 01:26 PM)robertmanbob Wrote: You want more players? Get more antagonists, get more game modes, and get more fun things to do. 

Yes. More variation is always great!
People complain about lack of players initially; then about the lag we get when we exceed 40 players. These are the two major complaints about Goonstation. I took time to talk to several people who came on for cog2, and many of them actually found the system more fun than their primary -- they just didn't like the lack of people/surplus of lag. Several were also offput by us being somewhat uptight about racial slurs and 'ur mom suks good lol' jokes; good riddance.

4chan and reddit don't exactly feed into Goonstation, and that SA doesn't really call many new people by comparison. There's also the old reputation of Goonstation, or Goons in general, that keeps floating around. All of this basically boils into a perfect storm of 'lolgoon no.'

Basically, I got nothin'. The admins can kowtow to the masses, but you lose lots of things in the process of doing that. New, less subtle content would be grand, but it would tax our limited content makers. It also takes away from more subtle, yet important projects like the somewhat recent chat code. It's really, really nice but since it's subtle you won't really hear anything about it.

Damnit all, I have a habit of making long posts that nobody will read. Ah well. I'll stop there.