Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
stamina, and players
the one thing that I've noticed since stamina being added is our player base rapidly deplenishing
it's a good idea that adds to realism just a tad- but is it fun? i always felt people went to goon for the arcade style version of playing spacemen in space around space outside of the earth's atmosphere and stamina kinda kills that
WHAT IF- we took the old combat system back to cogmap two and put stamina where it'd fit more, the RP station?
always felt now that stamina's been added the game's been just a lil less fun and maybe with it gone we'd see a resurgence of players again. none of the people ahead of us have stamina btw
thanks-omj
Jenkins, I don't think a stamina system is responsible for a decrease in players.

Hell, when I came back to goon after a 2+ year absence, I literally didn't even notice stamina until someone mentioned that it was a thing.
I completely fail to see the correlation between stamina and playercount.

That said, we probably should sit down and talk about a good way of bringing in new players and retaining the ones we have.
Because right now it seems like there's cliques of people talking about it and nobody is sharing ideas, which in itself unhealthy community wise.
i just feel that stamina makes the game less fun which leads to players not coming
yeah we're kinda at a crisis here huh? let's brainstorm
[Image: us-spending-on-science-space-and-technol...cation.png]
Regardless of witty replies, we did actually brainstorm this among us admins.
I'm probably 90% wrong, but wasn't stamina added more as a balance tool for combat? If I remember correctly, you could easily kill someone by grabbing and doing a bunch of suplexes(is that the plural of suplex?) and I wanna say that it made Taser shots not as random.
What would happen is two people could punch each other for a while then at random, one of them would fall over.
can we badmouth this without getting shoved into a shipping container on a ship bound for nowhere now?

Dabir Wrote:What would happen is two people could punch each other for a while then at random, one of them would fall over.

on average this encouraged people to fight to get more hits in, thus a high chance of scoring a stun that would let them do whatever they wanted to someone. hitting someone more than they hit you is still what the goal is now, just without the sweet chance of ever blindsiding someone with a simple tool, which used to be a selling point. stamina really kills my enthusiasm to ever play more than one or two rounds every couple of months. i thought i might take a break and just come back and learn to love what was here, but no. i still hate it.
So it pisses people off that it's less about luck now? :slowclap:

I don't even notice it outside of when somebody uses stamina buff chems to make themselves stun-immune.
People are busier this time of year! Alos, i doubt stamina has anything to do with this. The more i look back on it, the more i realise how dumb the rng punching a guy and doing anything from 4 damage to knocking him out was.

Also, for myself when I test played destiny I realised i liked it alot, and that rp, which i'd often made fun of, was actually ok when not taken to extremes. I now play on a few servers and not just #4, but i don't consider it a bad thing as i feel you can become.. ''burned out'' from playing on #4.I realised i liked the limitations of rp sometimes, like on some servers only doctors can do complicated surgery, while here everyone can, if they know how. #4 is still good, better than ever, but its not all i play anymore. smile
The only problem I've ever had with stamina is that you seem to lose more stamina attacking than you do when you get hit. Countless times I've gotten a bunch of good punches on someone and lose most of my stamina, only to have that someone turn around and punch me once, causing me to pass out from stamina loss and lose the fight only because I was the one to throw the first punches (which doesn't make much sense)
For stamina balance discussions please open a suggestions thread, over here it will be lost.
The only thing keeping me from playing more Goonstation is Cog2, and there not being enough players for the map.

But if there were more players then it wouldnt be a problem, so Cog2 isnt the problem the players are... but there aren't enough of them.. Is it because of Cog2?

OH GOD I CREATED A PARADOX!!!

On a side note is there stored information on the player count of Goonstation?
If so might it be possibly to correlate that information with the patches recent to the decline in player count?
My play habits in the game are usually join a round in progress, play until it's over, then join the next round and leave a bit after dying.

With hour long rounds I can never devote too much time to the game unless it's one of my days off, and there's usually not much motivation to stick around on the off chance I get cloned or borged, less so when revival is impossible. I've just got too many other things I can be doing than waiting to play a game.