Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloves and Glass Shards
CaptainBravo Wrote:i have to disagree with everyone saying that breaking into places is hard/will be hard if this happens. at the moment a jailbreak consists of one guy on the outside going (screwdriver -> crowbar -> screwdriver) *2 -> shard *whatever. making holding a shard require any glove just adds "go fetch boxing gloves" to that equation, with people occasionally and hilariously forgetting/not knowing that you need gloves.
Go fetch boxing gloves. Right, sounds easy enough. Oh wait, I'm in jail.
Dauntasa Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:i have to disagree with everyone saying that breaking into places is hard/will be hard if this happens. at the moment a jailbreak consists of one guy on the outside going (screwdriver -> crowbar -> screwdriver) *2 -> shard *whatever. making holding a shard require any glove just adds "go fetch boxing gloves" to that equation, with people occasionally and hilariously forgetting/not knowing that you need gloves.
Go fetch boxing gloves. Right, sounds easy enough. Oh wait, I'm in jail.
He meant a person outside the cell breaking the person inside the cell out. What he missed was the fact that people don't tend to break other people out because if the person wanted out they could do it themselves and it tends to be metagame when somebody else helps them. Not always, but often.
Dauntasa Wrote:I think this is a bad idea

But the only reason I think this is a bad idea is because for whatever reason literally every window on the station is a double-reinforced window with an electrified grille unless it faces space. Is that really necessary? I get it for Security and the Bridge and things like that, but does Tool Storage really need an electrified double r-window? Regular windows barely even exist and almost every grille on the station is electrified. Making a double-reinforced r-window with electrified grille something that is actually hard to break through is a bad idea when they are fucking everywhere, but if they were only in a few secure locations then it would make sense.
It seems pretty odd that every window is electrified.
I remember specifically on Donut that not all windows were electrified.
Although I don't think Donut had too many windows compared to mushroom anyway.
Dauntasa Wrote:Go fetch boxing gloves. Right, sounds easy enough. Oh wait, I'm in jail.

if this is still going back to the unfair brigging thing that frontline brought up: "a guard might start throwing people in jail for very long and possibly steal their gloves if they bothered to put any on" is not a good argument against this being a thing. there's nothing but the strong suggestion that YOU SHOULD REALLY NEVER DO THESE THINGS plus the risk of punishment to keep security from being shitheads as it is and it usually seems to turn out fine.

brigging someone extra long for nothing is already an awful sec behavior. stealing an item of clothing from someone is already an awful sec behavior. if you saw someone doing either of these things as is, you would adminhelp them(i hope). what stops you from doing that if this becomes a thing? what i'm trying to say is "people can be awful with this It's catching on! " is not a good reason not to add it. people can be awful with plenty of things already.

as for electrified grilles outside of the cells(where people can just go get gloves and a glass shard), there are four pairs of boxing gloves for ne'er-do-well assistants, roboticists(and maybe some other departments) start with black gloves i think, medbay and research have access to latex gloves. there are tons of gloves, so i really don't see this making it harder to break into any place in particular. as a guy who knows everything about breaking into literally anywhere on mushroom in the least amount of time, let me say: brute smashing through r-windows or even normal windows and grilles is the least efficient, worst and most conspicuous way to break into any place whatsoever, and the hardest to cover up. making it require gloves won't do anything but cause the occasional funny when someone severely cuts themselves.

in case of short or long legitimate brig sentences being brought up: short sentences can be waited out in the time it would take to smash through both windows and a grille. long sentences? if you were planning to get up to no good and potentially be caught(whether you're a traitor or not), you should have thought to nab some gloves.

if this isn't about the whole unfair brigging thing: fuck. just consider this to be some rambling of what i take for granted about breaking and entering.
This isn't about unfair brigging. Just brigging in general. If Sec fucks up, the prisoner can escape. This is a good thing. With this change in place, the brig is inescapable as long as Sec remembers to do exactly one thing. Whether they should be brigged or not is irrelevant. Having the brig be impossible to escape makes things boring.