Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrap Tools/Weapon/Armor Thread
molotov cocktails would be a great addition.
They should be crappy 2x2 tile fire burst that has a chance of setting a player on fire.
To make, you'd need:
-Empty Bottle
-Fuel
-Scissors
-Jumpsuit
-Igniter/Welder/Zippo Lighter.

Use scissors on jumpsuit to make rag (rag's already exist in the game, why not let this be the process of making one?) Put fuel in bottle, add rag to bottle.
In one hand, you have your igniter, the other the molotov, it doesn't operate like a bomb where you click it and it starts to time, you have to have both hands used, then light the molotov in which you then get a warning to throw it 5 seconds.

Here's an idea. Rigged explosive computer. Adding a pipe-bomb into the motherboard when deconstructing the computer then reconstructing it so it looks exactly the same only when the player clicks anything on the GUI screen (if it's one of those kind of computers) or trys to log in; it immediately explodes, knocking back the player.
Molotovs feel like something that should be already in the game, however it turns out that getting hit by a grenade and catching on fire does a lot of damage to you, and will kill if you don't know how to stop, drop, and roll. Might be too strong to add in unless it is hard to make or they weaken fire damage.
Being on fire is sort of the point though, if someone wants to be stupid and reckless enough to create the cocktails there should be a risk of being set on fire while you make them. Also it's a nice way to make gang rounds speed up a little faster because at least one crazy person will get murdered or accidentally die from fire related injuries.

Plus if sec happens to shoot you and you drop your cocktail and it happens to explode under you, that's your fault.
Why not make it just, basically, like a ranged ignitor? No explosion, no long-lasting flame or superheated air, just a throwable item that causes a small fire on the tile it hits for a couple seconds. You could activate thermite at range, or blow up a tank of weldingfuel people were stupid enough to congregate by. I know fire damage is pretty pro, but without the additional brute and/or toxin damage you usually incur from explosions and plasma fires, I'd imagine you'd have a good chance of putting it out before you drop into deep red.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Why not make it just, basically, like a ranged ignitor? No explosion, no long-lasting flame or superheated air, just a throwable item that causes a small fire on the tile it hits for a couple seconds. You could activate thermite at range, or blow up a tank of weldingfuel people were stupid enough to congregate by. I know fire damage is pretty pro, but without the additional brute and/or toxin damage you usually incur from explosions and plasma fires, I'd imagine you'd have a good chance of putting it out before you drop into deep red.

You can already do something somewhat similar to your suggestion if you take the time to modify one of the igniters on the station.
Yeah, but I've never been a big fan of the flamethrower. It requires access to plasma tanks, not weldingfuel, half the time it doesn't work right, and half the time you end up killing yourself with it...

Well, ok, maybe the last point isn't so bad, but something simple for greyshirts to cobble together in the mini-warehouse would be nice.
Flamethrowers should be like napalm spray; fast and deadly, but currently it just kinda dribbles out and superheats the air.
Maybe swap the effects around?
I think Moloktovs acting like slightly more powerful igniters is a good idea, it makes the effort of building them useful, while still limiting the damage even though someone could still find some creative uses.

Perhaps up the fire range to about 3-4 burnt tiles, just so that people don't stick to using wielding tools instead. Less damage then a regular pipebomb (should not damage the floor), but more then just leaving a wielding tool somewhere.