Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MAP BUG REPORT / STRANGE HAPPENINGS / FEEDBACK THREAD
Not really a bug, but when the engine runs out of the various gasses it's hard to get more without robbing the mixing room. Could you make gas tanks purchasable at the QM? Maybe card-lock it so toxins would be secure. (For all I know the gas shouldn't ever run out and I've just set it up poorly)
Cogwerks Wrote:oh whoops how the hell did walls get in there
They've been there for a good while. I thought it was intentional. "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"
AlienLab Wrote:Not really a bug, but when the engine runs out of the various gasses it's hard to get more without robbing the mixing room. Could you make gas tanks purchasable at the QM? Maybe card-lock it so toxins would be secure. (For all I know the gas shouldn't ever run out and I've just set it up poorly)

The gas shouldn't run out unless you're being really wasteful, but yes, purchasable card-locked gas canisters are going to be available at QM. The guy who was going to set that up never did, so I guess I'll do it soon.

p.s. you can run the engine on air canisters for coolant and weed, paper, spare jumpsuits, monkey crates and corpses for fuel. If you really screw up and waste all the starting materials, nobody's sending anything from mining, and toxins won't give up any canisters, I intended for engineers to just start scavenging junk from around the station to use as fuel.
I would like to suggest either removing the glass partition in the medbay waiting room or moving the intercom to the wall next to the doors. The reason being if you're just there to drop off a corpse and want to signal robotics/genetics it's annoying to go around the partition just to use the intercom
I don't know what caused this but at the start of one round the tape in the interrogation room had teleported and lodged itself into the wall, and the spare tape was on the floor in the detectives office. I was the detective so this was right at the start of the round without anyone tampering with it.
I don't really know the cause but it's something that can happen so I thought I'd post it here.
The maps in the station don't work half of the time. When you click on them they simply don't do anything. Confirmed by at least one other person.
Affirmed*
Readster Wrote:I don't know what caused this but at the start of one round the tape in the interrogation room had teleported and lodged itself into the wall, and the spare tape was on the floor in the detectives office. I was the detective so this was right at the start of the round without anyone tampering with it.
I don't really know the cause but it's something that can happen so I thought I'd post it here.

Haha, it didn't teleport, I added some of the old wall-mounted recorders to engineering and the interrogation room so assistants can't just steal them. The sprite is exactly the same as the handheld ones though, maybe I should change it a bit or something.

note: the engineering recorder starts on and can record somewhere around a half hour or so, think of it like a black box. will anyone ever care: probably not
Quote:
note: the engineering recorder starts on and can record somewhere around a half hour or so, think of it like a black box. will anyone ever care: probably not
Quote:

I care, that box produces the funniest conversation logs I've ever read.
The brig is really terrible, there are no timers, or cells for that matter. Put at least two cells in with timers? Or remove the cell doors in gen. pop and just give it a timer.

It really is easy to forget about a prisoner in the current gen pop.
I like genpop but it requires a more competent security force than is usually around. I was thinking something that could be cool or unworkable and shitty is some kind of "Prisoner collar" that can't be removed without using a computer in the brig, or bodily removing it from another prisoner, causing damage, that allows you to seperately set timers on individual prisoners, and either stuns them for easy retrieval from the brig, or teleports them to the hallway outside security and then falls off. This could mean that traitors stuck in genpop could assault a fellow prisoner with a shorter sentance time and use his collar to escape rather than being locked up all round.

That's kind of a weird idea, but it does allow traitors to escape from prison, it allows prisoners to compete amongst themselves rather than trying to just break out, and it doesn't require a magic "flash all the prisoners" button so you can safely remove them. The brig has to be escapable, secure, and designed in such a way that security will actually release prisoners once in a while, because at the moment i'm seeing way too many permabrigs.

i've been up all night so this is probably garbage
Cogwerks Wrote:Haha, it didn't teleport, I added some of the old wall-mounted recorders to engineering and the interrogation room so assistants can't just steal them. The sprite is exactly the same as the handheld ones though, maybe I should change it a bit or something.

Oh, well if it's supposed to be there then I guess the new problem is me and a group of others who managed to successfully remove it from the wall. I don't remember how but I want to say it was as simple as pulling.
This does not sound like it should work this way if it's wall mounted.
Well that's dumb, apparently that object defaults to not being anchored. ughhh
Swedish Horror Wrote:It really is easy to forget about a prisoner in the current gen pop.

Is nobody using the brig intercoms at all? Those are there so the inmates can yell at security and be heard in the main security room, the detective's office and a couple other places.
Welp, didn't even know those were there.